These seven dream bedroom decorating ideas will make your bedroom the ultimate oasis you won’t want to leave.
I haven’t covered what my bedroom would look like in My Dream Home series, so here you go. Let’s see if you agree that these seven elements would create the most beautiful room.
Dream Bedroom Decorating Ideas
1. A fun headboard — I love this idea to not only decorate over your headboard but also “on” your headboard! Isn’t this clever?
Now that we’re all shopping online more, sign up for Amazon Prime to get the best selection, faster shipping, and the most bang for your buck!
This is my headboard (see below) and I could do something similar: it would be so easy to add removable wallpaper or sturdy wrapping to the three panels in my headboard with some Mod Podge glue.
I love this damask removable wallpaper. Imagine adding this to a headboard. It would look amazing.
Here are more beautiful headboard ideas that would add to creating a dream bedroom.
2. A bench or ottoman at the foot of the bed — this is a must for storage or being able to throw my clothes on.
This is the storage ottoman we are using in my son’s room for extra toys.
I wrote a whole post about the inexpensive gold and turquoise bench at the foot of my bed.
3. A chandelier — I love this chandelier, and I like that it’s not right on top of the bed.
4. A fireplace — I don’t know how practical it actually is to have a working fireplace in the bedroom, especially if it is all-white, but my Jane Austen mind loves the romantic idea of it.
If we had the wall space, I would definitely add a faux fireplace to my bedroom. These are both so affordable!
5. Lots and lots of light — and a cute, ornate chair next to the bed wouldn’t hurt either. Here is the bench idea again, plus a great use of artwork above the headboard.
6. Plenty of storage space — for books and more at arm’s reach.
Isn’t this a fantastic idea? Why not have a bookshelf unit wrap around the wall over the bed?
This is an inexpensive headboard that has storage built in.
7. Something interesting over the headboard — this is another space you can have so much fun with. Add one large painting, add several pictures, or add a shelf you can change up all the time…
These ornate little shelves would look darling above or next to a headboard and give you a chance to redecorate throughout the year.
What can you not live without in your dream bedroom? What would you like to add to your home decor to make your bedroom more cozy?
Pin this for later!
You would also enjoy these posts: