I haven’t covered what my bedroom would look like in My Dream Home series, so here you go — seven decorating elements I would love to have in my dream bedroom:
Dream Bedroom Decorating Ideas
1. A fun headboard — I love this idea to not only decorate over your headboard but also “on” your headboard! Isn’t this clever?
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here for details.
Now that we’re all shopping online more, sign up for Amazon Prime to get the best selection, faster shipping, and the most bang for your buck!
We have this kind of headboard (see below) and I could do something similar: it would be so easy to add removable wallpaper or sturdy wrapping to the panels in our headboard.
I love this damask removable wallpaper:
Here are more beautiful headboard ideas:
2. A bench or ottoman at the foot of the bed — this is a must for storage or being able to throw my clothes on.
This is the storage ottoman we are using in Landon’s room for extra toys.
3. A chandelier — I love this chandelier, and I like that it’s not right on top of the bed.
4. A fireplace — I don’t know how practical it actually is to have a working fireplace in the bedroom, especially if it is all-white, but my Jane Austen mind loves the romantic idea of it.
If we had the wall space, I would definitely add a faux fireplace to my bedroom. These are both so affordable!
5. Lots and lots of light — and a cute chair next to the bed wouldn’t hurt either. Here is the bench idea again, plus a great use of art work above the headboard.
6. Plenty of storage space — for books and more at arm’s reach.
Why not add an inexpensive headboard that has storage built in?
7. Something interesting over the headboard — this is another space you can have so much fun with. Add one large painting, add several pictures, add a shelf you can change up all the time…
What can you not live without in your dream bedroom? What would you like to add to your home decor to make your bedroom more cozy?
Pin this for later!
You would also enjoy these posts: