Yes, you can add Greek yogurt to your cake recipe — I made this blueberry Greek yogurt cake one morning for breakfast, and it was delicious!
Healthy Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe
I saw Lidia’s recipe on Pinterest recently, and it immediately interested me because it had blueberries and Greek yogurt in the title.
Blueberries and yogurt — a healthy cake recipe with fruit and extra protein? I’m in!
I had just bought blueberries, and when I looked at the list of ingredients in the recipe, I saw that I had all of them at home to make this cake this morning.
Landon and I like to bake, but this is the first time we’ve baked together to make something for breakfast.
This juicy cake turned out so yummy, and it’s healthy plus easy to make — I just had to share the recipe with you so you can make it as well!
With the blueberries and Greek yogurt, this is a really nutritious cake compared to many others.
As per usual, I always change up recipes to make them even healthier, and this time I added flaxseed meal.
The Greek yogurt adds protein, calcium, and Vitamin D to any recipe.
Flaxseed meal adds fiber, contains anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidant substances called lignans that help promote hormonal balance.
Let’s get baking!
If you don’t have flaxseed meal, don’t worry about it and make this recipe without it.
This post includes affiliate links.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Total time: 45 mins
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (whole wheat if you want to add more nutrition)
- 4 teaspoons of flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (preferably organic)
- optional: 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
I use organic or non-GMO ingredients whenever possible, but you don’t have to.
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease the baking pan with butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, flaxseed meal, and salt
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt, and beat until fluffy
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until combined. Do not overmix
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the blueberries over the top
- Bake the cake for about 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven), until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean
- Let it cool completely, then release the cake from the pan
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
This cake is not just great for breakfast; you could also make this for afternoon dessert or treat after dinner. We’ve been eating it all day, and it’s almost all gone.
Next time I’ll bake two so it’ll last longer, or to give one to our sweet neighbors who we exchange goodies with often.
I’m already looking forward to making this healthy blueberry Greek yogurt cake again!
Now that I know the measurements, throwing this together is going to be so easy.
Does this juicy blueberry Greek yogurt cake look yummy? Enjoy making and eating it! Let me know how you liked it.
Pin for later!
You would also enjoy these posts: