Start the day with something healthy and yummy! Just add Greek yogurt to your cake recipe — I made this healthy blueberry Greek yogurt cake for breakfast, and it was delicious.
Healthy Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe
I saw Lidia’s recipe on Pinterest recently, and it immediately interested me because it had blueberries and Greek yogurt in the title.
Blueberries and yogurt — a healthy cake recipe with fruit and extra protein? I’m in!
I had just bought blueberries, and when I looked at the list of ingredients in the recipe, I saw that I had all of them at home to make this cake this morning.
Landon and I like to bake, but this is the first time we’ve baked together to make something for breakfast.
This post includes affiliate links.
This juicy cake turned out so yummy, and it’s healthy plus easy to make — I just had to share the recipe with you so you can make it as well!
BTW, this offer on delivered organic food looks amazing:
With the blueberries and Greek yogurt, this is a really nutritious cake compared to many others.
As per usual, I always change up recipes to make them even healthier, and this time I added flaxseed meal.
The Greek yogurt adds protein, calcium, and Vitamin D to any recipe.
Flaxseed meal adds fiber, contains anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidant substances called lignans that help promote hormonal balance.
Let’s get baking!
If you don’t have flaxseed meal or powdered sugar, don’t worry about it and make this recipe without it.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Total time: 45 mins
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Ingredients
Okay, first of all, I use organic or non-GMO ingredients whenever possible, but you don’t have to.
When I bake, I try to use the most high-quality ingredients that are out there because the point of baking for me is to make something nutritious for my family — not something that I could have picked up at the grocery store.
It only costs a few dollars more buy the organic version of flour or aluminum free version of baking powder, but quality ingredients make such a difference in what they add to your food!
Sure, you could use table salt — or you can buy salt that naturally adds many minerals to your body.
It’s an easy choice for me, and you can often find deals when you stock up on Amazon.
- 4 teaspoons of flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (I buy the best aluminum free, organic kind)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt (it re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements, including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (preferably organic)
- optional: 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
The deal on this 3-piece set is so amazing — and it includes 180 perfectly sized parchment paper liners! You’ll be set for years.
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease the baking pan with butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, flaxseed meal, and salt
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt, and beat until fluffy
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until combined. Do not overmix
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread the blueberries over the top
- Bake the cake for about 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven), until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean
- Let it cool completely, then release the cake from the pan
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
This cake is not just great for breakfast; you could also make this for afternoon dessert or treat after dinner. We’ve been eating it all day, and it’s almost all gone.
Next time I’ll bake two so it’ll last longer, or to give one to our sweet neighbors who we exchange goodies with often.
I’m already looking forward to making this healthy blueberry Greek yogurt cake again!
Now that I know the measurements, throwing this together is going to be so easy.
Does this juicy blueberry Greek yogurt cake look yummy? Enjoy making and eating it! Let me know how you liked it.
Pin for later!
You would also enjoy these posts: