Blue Cottage Decor: Our Laundry Closet

by Dagmar Bleasdale on November 29, 2014

laundry closet,

Blue Cottage Laundry Closet

Yes, we have a “laundry closet.” It’s those two doors to the right on the way to the kitchen.

Sure, I’d love to have a laundry room, but for some code reason we were not allowed to have the washer and dryer in the utility room — so a laundry closet it is.

laundry closet,

When we first moved in a year ago, I was worried that doing laundry would be loud, but our new Whirlpool machines are pretty quiet and the noise has never really bothered me.

laundry closet, DagmarBleasdale.comI painted the back wall the same light blue as our bedroom, and then Don installed those two shelves for me. I still need to paint the underside of them white.

Every shelf in this little cottage is welcome added storage space.

I bought all those baskets and the red box at Home Goods and like how organized they make the closet look. And these adorable signs I scored at a tag sale for just pennies finally have a home.

laundry closet,

laundry closet, DagmarBleasdale.comThe Laundry Service tray is also from Home Goods.

laundry closet, DagmarBleasdale.comI’ll let you in on a little secret: I have two ironing boards, a big one and this little one from IKEA, and I hardly ever iron.

Like mother, like daughter: my mother keeps an immaculate house, but ironing was the one thing she never liked to do. We always had a nice lady from the neighborhood come over and iron for us. I simply don’t buy clothes that need ironing.

laundry closet, DagmarBleasdale.comI’m pretty happy with our little laundry closet.

laundry closet,

What’s unique about your laundry room?

{Some photos by Kelly Schwark}

Cyndee April 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM

I had a laundry closet in my townhouse apartment years ago. I loved it! It didn’t look as nice as yours tho. You are so organized. I love it!

Dagmar Bleasdale April 26, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Hi Cyndee, thanks for coming by and commenting, I really appreciate it! I’m busy organizing our other closets :)

Kendra @ April 23, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Love your laundry room Dagmar! All the baskets and bins are perfect! You sure used your space well! Thanks so much for linking up at Your Turn To Shine! Have a great rest of the week!

Erin @ the-organized-life April 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I have a laundry closet as well and this sure does look a whole lot better than mine. It’s a space I’m hoping to do something with soon. Thanks for some inspiration… (I have that same wooden bin from Home Goods in blue- so cute!)

Jamie | anderson + grant April 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM

I just saw this post yesterday….Your laundry closet is amazing! So organized and pretty. Who would think that a small space like that could have so much charm?!?! I’d love if you would share this (or any of you great posts!) at my link party today!!! Hope you are doing well, Dagmar!

Brandi Clevinger April 19, 2015 at 2:44 PM

This post was one of my two favorite posts from last week’s blog hop at Inspire Me Mondays. It will be featured on my site, Being Fibro Mom, during next week’s blog hop. My site is

I also pinned this post to the group board Inspire Me Mondays at

Thanks again for sharing!

Dagmar Bleasdale April 19, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Hi Brandi, thank you so much for featuring my laundry closet! I’ll come by and comment and stumble the post.

Crystal April 18, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Super cute! We had one like that, but ugly in our first apartment.

Herchel April 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Love this! I really need to do mine

Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife April 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM

So cute! I just got a new washer and dryer and need to get some cute decor like this!

Cathy April 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM

So nice! This is amazing! What a creative idea! I would love for you to share this at my link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! :-)

Dagmar Bleasdale April 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Thanks for inviting me, Cathy! I linked up!

Tammy April 12, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Love your Laundry room… I finally decorated ours…if you have to do laundry why not make it fun… Right? Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time…Tammy

Maria from Mummy Goes Mad December 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Love your laundry space! Such inspiration! Love the laundry tray and those cute blue bottles :) x

Dagmar Bleasdale December 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Thank you, Maria!

Lou Lou Girls December 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I’m totally in love with this! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you being a part of our party, and I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. We love partying with you!
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Dagmar Bleasdale December 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Thanks, Lou Lou Girls!

emma December 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I hate our laundry closet. It desperately needs updating and I have plans to make it similar to yours. I’d actually like to use patterned wallpaper on the back wall if my husband will let me get away with it :)

Dagmar Bleasdale December 16, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Hi Emma, I also wanted something more drastic on that back wall and might still add a sticker wall paper.

Carissa December 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM

gorgeous! When a space is well organized it makes it super functional, no matter how small!! Come share at my link party

Heidi December 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Your laundry closet is so cute! We also have a laundry closet in our house that needs to be redone someday so this is some great inspiration.

Dagmar Bleasdale December 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Hi Heidi, thanks for coming by!

Jane @LimeadeGal December 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Happy to of found you today at the party! This laundry room is gorgeous. Hopefully when I get my own place I can have one just as lovely :). Pinning for future reference!

Angela from December 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM

It looks so nice and organized! It looks very similar to ours :)

Cathy December 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I love your laundry area. Ours is about the same size and I had just about given up on making it appealing. You have inspired me to do something with it. Thank you for sharing it with Share It One More Time. Cathy

Dagmar Bleasdale December 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Hi Cathy, thank you for coming by and commenting! I’m glad I inspired you :)

Christine December 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Ohhh I am so jealous! If you saw mine you;d run screaming…its in a dark basement. Yours is so bright and cheery and looks like a wonderful place to get a dreaded chore done!

Dagmar Bleasdale December 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Thanks, Christine, for your comment! I guess I’ll take a closet over a basement :) But then again, I’d love to have a basement and more space — we don’t have one.

Anne@DesignDreams November 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Super cute Dagmar, I love how compact your laundry is and so well organized!! Great job!

Dagmar Bleasdale November 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM