Easter and Spring Decorating Ideas For the DIY Challenged

by Dagmar Bleasdale on March 31, 2012

spring decorating ideas for DIY challenged, DagmarBleasdale.com

Welcome to Dagmar’s Home!

Are you looking for super-easy Easter and spring decorating ideas?

Then you are at the right place! Who has the time for elaborate decorations?

Here are 10 Easter and spring decor ideas that are so easy that you can make them even if you are DIY challenged!

All of these ideas will only take a few minutes to make, promise.

Spring Decorating Ideas

Easter Subway Art

Just download, print, and frame this free Easter art (8×11). It doesn’t get any easier.

Clothespin Egg With a Surprise

I would do this with cardboard paper instead of wood.

All-Natural Easter Egg Dye Recipes

Synthetic food dyes found in most American candy have been linked to cancer, hyperactivity, and allergies, so they don’t enter our house if I can help it.

These soft natural egg dyes are so beautiful, don’t you agree?

Flower Centerpiece With Peeps

Along the lines of no food dyes, this is the only reason I would buy bunny Peeps – for a fun centerpiece. Seeing this,  I’m glad I didn’t donate that square vase I have to our thrift store.

Easter decoration with bunny peeps in vase

Don’t put water into the vase with the Peeps — fill a smaller vase with water for the flowers so the Peeps don’t dissolve.

Healthy Easter Egg Hunt

Have the kids hunt for their lunch, or surprise them with this whole egg carton full of eggs filled with healthy treats!

healthy Easter egg hunt

DIY Daffodil Candy Cups

You can make these cute table decorations with the kids and fill the cups with organic/all-natural jelly beans.

DIY Daffodil Candy Cups

Egg Cup Vases

Growing up in Germany, we would eat boiled eggs every Sundays, out of egg cup. I’ve found that Americans don’t eat them like that very often, but maybe you still have some pretty egg cups around you could use for this sweet Easter/spring display.

I did something similar for this easy Easter tablescape:

Easy Easter Tablescape, DagmarBleasdale.com

Brown Paper Bag Basket

This basket is so easy to make, and the kids can decorate it with crayons or Easter stickers.

paper bag Easter basket

Pretty DIY Easter Cards

I have a whole book of scrapbook paper I didn’t know what to do with until I saw this idea for pretty Easter egg cards you can make with left-over paper (scrapbook, wrapping paper, wall paper, etc.). Have the kids help you!

easy DIY Easter card. DagmarBleasdale.com

Decorating With Baby Food Jars

How adorable is this? Just clean a baby food jar, find a few twigs, and buy inexpensive butterflies at the craft store to make this spring decoration everyone will be talking about.

Want even more ideas? Here is a post about easy Easter table and mantel decor in our cottage.

Easy Easter Tablescape, DagmarBleasdale.com

Get creative and have fun!

{sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10}

sara March 3, 2016 at 1:08 AM

great roundup of ideas! I love the egg lunch idea! Thanks for linking up at Merry Monday Link party!

Sandra March 2, 2016 at 3:52 PM

You were reading my mind thank you! I have some much scrapbook paper just sitting around collecting dust now I have a plan for it.

Nicole March 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM

What a great round up of ideas!! I especially love that they are super easy, it’s not that I’m DIY challenged it’s just that with homeschooling 6 kids there just isn’t the time. I have been looking for a natural way to dye eggs this year, the less chemicals the better in my opinion. Pinning, stumbling, tweeting, and sharing on Google+. Thanks for lining up with Inspire Me Monday. Have a blessed week!!

Dagmar Bleasdale March 1, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Hi Nicole, thank you so much for sharing this post all over – I so appreciate it!

Raquel February 29, 2016 at 12:47 PM

These are all so cute! Found you on the IFM hop! Love the clothespin craft!

Erin @ Stay At Home Yogi February 28, 2016 at 9:28 PM

My toddler is obsessed with plastic easter eggs so I have to try that lunch idea! :)

Nicole Neverman January 14, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Thank you so much for attending week 16 of #PureBlogLove and linking your fantastic blog post, I can’t wait to see what you have in store for our next party, Thursday 8 PM EST- Sundays at midnight. Your post has been added to the #PureBlogLove Pinterest board for all to see :) Have a great day!
Nicole

Dagmar Bleasdale January 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Thanks so much, Nicole!

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes January 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM

So many great ideas – and I am ready for Spring! Thanks for sharing at Freedom Fridays – pinned and sharing on Facebook! :)

Dagmar Bleasdale January 13, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Thank you, Jamie!

Lou Lou Girls January 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Oh my! I love everything. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you so much for being a part of our party. We really appreciate you! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

Elaine January 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Great Ideas!! Hey I would love for you to share your stuff on my new link party that started today! Its called My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday! Here is the link http://www.cookinandcraftin.com/my-2-favorite-things-link-party-1/

Leslie January 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM

What cute little ideas! I’m loving these. I hope you’ve had a great weekend!

Natalie Z April 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

great ideas! I especially loved the clothespin egg :)

Erinn S April 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bautiful ideas. I am going to have to steal the Egg Lunch idea for my 3 year old. He would love it!