My Dream Home: 10 Fun Bathroom Decorating Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on March 18, 2011

It’s My Dream Home time again! This week I thought I would show you what my dream bathroom would look like, since I already covered the kitchen, living room, home office, and kids rooms.

I actually had a hard time finding pictures of bathrooms I like. I don’t like seeing pipes under the sink, and I’m not crazy about a lot if tiles.

But here are a few elements I adore: my dream bathroom would have an old-fashioned clawfoot bathtub even though I rarely take baths. Who has the time?

This looks pretty, but my clawfoot tub would have a shower curtain. I like shower curtains so much better than shower stalls because you can update your bathroom so easily.

A while ago I won this shower curtain, but I’m not sure it goes with my country design scheme LOL I’ve never even been to Las Vegas, and I lived in Los Angeles for 10 years.

Did you notice that ladder in the picture above? I love the idea of a ladder as a towel holder and bought one, remember?

I really like this antique faucet, farmer’s sink, and wainscoting:

I love these earth-toned stones and all the light coming in:

And my dream bathroom would be big enough for cute furniture like this chest of drawers:

And yes, my dream bathroom would have a chandelier and {gasp} wood floors instead of tiles:

What’s the one thing you would love to have in your bathroom?

Lindsey October 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I love how all these ideas have a vintage twist to them. And the raised/claw foot tubs are my Fav!!! Thanks for sharing. I’ve had a few bathroom ideas myself and these are a great help. Thanks!

My Personal Estate Agent September 17, 2012 at 5:21 AM

I think that the second image of the bathroom looks lovely, it looks really modern and chic. I don’t particularly like the first bathroom though because it looks a bit dark and too large.

Daca October 25, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I also like old style details in a bathroom, so these pictures are great.
My top choice is this bathroom with stones. It really looks amazing.

Empire Carpet June 3, 2011 at 7:19 PM

How beautiful these pictures are! It is obvious that a lot of hard work and dedication goes into each and every home project that we take pride in. When remodeling or renovating, don’t forget the fifth wall if your room; the floor! Proper flooring (and installation) can make or break and reno project, so it is important to keep this in mind! Thank you for all the pictures, ideas and suggestions.

Carol April 15, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I love the chandelier above the tub look, too. Just FYI though, in some states it’s against electrical code (my husband is an electrician) so it may not pass your home inspection.

Dagmar April 16, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Oh, good to know! Makes sense :)

Cindy April 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I have a claw foot tub, bay windows…and outside an old ladder that we found…but I couldn’t decide on a purpose…now it will be cut to size and used by my tub! Thanks for the inspiration…LOVE it. Now if I could figure how to hang a chandelier…think we have two lights over the tub…(we are overseas at the moment ~ and I miss my home:)

:) Cindy <

Kathleen March 23, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Yay! I am so glad to see someone else who loves a chandelier in their bathroom!! We are in the midst of building a home and my husband about died when I told him of my plan for the bathroom with, *GASP* a chandelier?! I think they just make the mood of the room :)

Dagmar March 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Chandeliers are a must! :)

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud March 21, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Oh my goodness, I love the second and last bathrooms! So, so pretty. And my bathroom must-have -which by the way, I totally don’t have- is a beautiful chandelier! How awesome would that be? :)

Heather March 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Right now, I think I would settle for a nice big tub that no one but me has ever used!

Following you from Blog Frog!

Andreea @ Our Journey To USA March 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I m for the one with cute furniture. It s girly but no too much, that kind of girly bathroom that makes a guy question himself about his sexuality :).

Since lavender is not my favourite color or smell I ll change it into a greenish color. Know I see it s more of a blue in that picture. So then it s perfect as it is!

Otir March 18, 2011 at 12:46 PM

You know, being from the old country, I have been in bathrooms with wooden floors, and… beware the splinters! or be very careful about having a constantly repaired coating :-)

But definitely love the feel of your choices.

To answer your question, my dream bathroom always has a window and is bathed by the sun. Unfortunately, this is not the case of mine :-(

Karen March 18, 2011 at 9:17 AM

When my husband travelled for work, I would go with him, sometimes, and we stayed in the Ritz Carlton, in Singapore. Our room had a bathroom with ceilng to floor windows, overlooking the bay, and harbour, a sunken bath, which had a jet spa bubble setting, a fridge for chilling your drinks, and a walk in shower! Quite a contraat with now, where I usually end up sharing my bath with the kids, the bathroom is littered with bath toys and odd bits of Barbie paraphanelia, and I have to make to with a few nice candles and some aromatherapy burners! ;)
My ideal bathroom would have under floor heating! I hate getting out of a warm bath or hot shower to a freezing cold floor! Brrrr!

Dagmar March 18, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Karen, I should have thought of that — floor heating! I’m always freezing.