These Zucchini Banana Muffins are super healthy, full of nutrients, and perfect if you have ripe bananas in the house that need to be eaten. They are a much better option than store-bought muffins.
These muffins are easy to make and full of healthy ingredients. Hello, it’s part vegetables! Plus, people who don’t like to eat bananas, like my son, will like these muffins.
I remembered my zucchini bread recipe I hadn’t used in ages, and I modified it a bit for this recipe.
Plus, I was excited to finally use those cute baking cups I bought a while ago.
This post includes affiliate links.
These are similar cups. How cute are these baking cups?
If you want to be environmentally conscious, then these unbleached baking cups are for you:
Now that we have the baking cups, let’s get baking!
Easy Zucchini Banana Muffins Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
Yields: 24 servings
3 cups of whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 or 2 ripe bananas
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup of walnuts or pecans (optional)
Zucchini Banana Muffins Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Mix in oil, apple sauce, and sugar.
3. Stir in grated zucchini and vanilla.
4. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, salt, and nutmeg, then stir into egg mix.
5. Now add the ripe bananas. If you want, add some chocolate chips or nuts to the batter, or just add them on top for decoration.
6. Divide batter into 24 baking cups, filling them about 3/4 to the top. Bake for about 30 minutes and then check with a fork. If batter sticks to it, they still need some time. You want the tops to be brown and uniform.
Voila! Easy, nutritious, and yummy zucchini banana muffins. Eat some now, leave a couple out, put some in the fridge, and maybe freeze a few. These muffins get even better and jucier the next few days.
You would also like these easy recipes!