My Dream Home: Fun and Easy Pinterest Decorating Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on September 8, 2011

I needed a break. I just wanted to get lost in Pinterest. And these are the fun, easy, DIY decorating ideas I found — at 3 in the morning :)

{source}

How cool is this CD cases wall art — and it’s so easy to do!

{source}

Okay, how pretty is this idea of a wreath and a frame and a monogram? Works for every season.

{source}

Just put your kid’s shoes in a shadow box and voila — a shoe growth chart!

{source}

Decorate simple straws with mustaches — fun for kids and adults.

{source}

Get out the spray cans! Just spray paint pine cones and display them like this in a glass container. What a conversation piece.

{source}

Lonnie Neville March 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I am crazy about your Pinecones!! Just seeing this picture, with all the different colors has given me tons of inspiration. In the past, I have only used pinecones at Christmas-time. Now that spring is here, I’m looking forward to beginning a new look and theme with them….Thanks a bunch!

PragmaticMom September 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM

I love this series on your blog! You should be an interior designer; you have fabulous taste!

ps are you up all night til 3 am b/c of the iPad? i do that too sometimes and then I am a wreck the next day!

Dagmar September 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I’m up all night because that’s when I blog and read/answer emails, schedule posts, tweet… :) Blogging as a business is very time-consuming.

Polish Mama on the Prairie September 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Cute! Love the wreath especially myself. Why are you awake so late? Is this why you get so much more done than we do? ;)

Emily @Zweber Family Farm September 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Thanks for sharing. I really like the shadow box of kids shoes. I think I am going to try this.

Gianna September 8, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Wow – what great ideas… I’m loving the pine cones and the shoe box ;)

Thx you for demonstrating ;)

Have a nice day