How many earrings do you have, and how often are you searching for one in your jewelry box?
Make yourself this easy DIY earring organizer and never search for an earring again!
Remember the wallpaper I recently scored for pennies at a yard sale? It came in handy the very same day when I made this earring organizer out of a frame and lace trim. I finished if off by adding the wallpaper as backing. Perfect!
My favorite part of this earring organizer is that it’s like an ever-changing art piece on your wall. You could even share it with your daughter(s) and have all of you contribute to the earring organizer.
Here is a great DIY gift idea: what about adding a smaller version of this earring organizer the next time you are gifting earrings to a friend or family member?
This project is simple and easy to make, trust me.
DIY Earring Organizer
You will need these supplies:
- picture frame (small or big)
- spray paint
- staple gun
- lace trim
- optional: sand paper and hot glue gun
DIY Earring Organizer Tutorial
- Remove the paper backing, back of the frame, glass, and picture.
- Spray paint the frame, let the paint dry, and finish the frame finish however you want. For a shabby chic look, sand off some of the paint with sand paper.
- Put the front side of the frame on the table and staple the lace down on the first side. Then stretch the lace across to the other side. Pull the lace tight so it doesn’t bow when you hang the earrings on it, and secure it with another staple or two.
- I put the top row of the lace trim closer to the top of the frame because of how the earrings will be hanging on it. After that row I left the spacing about the same. Make narrower or wider ones, depending of the length of your earrings.
- After you’ve attached the lace trim, you could leave the organizer like that, or add wall paper like I did. Wallpaper works great because it’s thick enough to staple down and to stay smooth.
- If you want to add wall paper, place the frame on the wallpaper and trace around it, then cut it out.
- Staple or hot glue the wallpaper to the back of the frame.
Instead of your earrings being hidden in your jewelry box, or getting lost, now you’ll always be able to easily find and see your earrings!
And this DIY earring organizer makes an ever-changing conversation piece.
Could you use this earring DIY organizer organizers?