Dream Bedroom Decorating Ideas
I haven’t covered what my bedroom would look like in My Dream Home series, so here you go — seven decorating elements I would love to have in my dream bedroom:
1. A fun headboard — I love this idea to not only decorate over your headboard but also “on” your headboard!
This post includes affiliate links.
We have this kind of headboard (see below) and could I could do something similar: it would be so easy to add removable wallpaper to the panels in our headboard.
I love this damask wallpaper:
Here are more beautiful headboard ideas:
2. A bench or ottoman at the foot of the bed — this is a must for storage or being able to throw my clothes on.
This is the storage ottoman we are using in Landon’s room for extra toys.
3. A chandelier — I love this chandelier, and I like that it’s not right on top of the bed.
4. A fireplace — I don’t know how practical it actually is to have a working fireplace in the bedroom, especially if it is all-white, but my Jane Austen mind loves the romantic idea of it.
If we had the wall space, I would definitely add a faux fireplace to our bedroom.
5. Lots and lots of light — and a cute chair next to the bed wouldn’t hurt either. Here is the bench idea again, plus a great use of art work above the headboard.
6. Plenty of storage space — for books and more at arm’s reach.
7. Something interesting over the headboard — this is another space you can have so much fun with. Add one large painting, add several pictures, add a shelf you can change up all the time…
What can you not live without in your dream bedroom? What would you like to add?
Pin this for later!