Update: Amwell will no longer be offering a free visit. Now there will be a $1 charge for the first promotional visit.
Have you ever been in a situation when you didn’t know if you should go to the doctor with a health issue, or not?
If you are a parent, I bet you have. I remember one situation especially, when Landon had a fever. He is hardly ever sick, thankfully, so I seriously don’t have much experience with taking care of a sick child.
I kept him home from school and monitored his temperature. He wasn’t uncomfortable and I didn’t want to give him fever-reducing medicine because I wanted it to break on its own.
When it was time to get him to bed that night, he all of a sudden started to hallucinate and make no sense and look at us all scared.
I got extremely worried and was about to get him in the car to take him to the hospital. Good thing I googled about this first, because I learned that hallucinations are a pretty common occurrence with fevers. I was so glad to find that out! He was fine the next day.
Being able to call on a doctor right then and there would’ve been great. I wish I would have known about Amwell then! They connect you with a doctor on your phone or computer — and you can try Amwell for free with coupon code BEWELL2!
When I grew up, we had a family doctor who still made house visits. That kind of service sadly doesn’t exist anymore — but using Amwell is the next best thing.
Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company. They connect you with board-certified, licensed doctors, dieticians, and psychologists for immediate and live, online visits on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
So doctor visits could look like this:
You can contact Amwell for minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management.
Amwell doctors are available 24/7, no appointment needed, all from the comfort of your home.
When I used the service, I asked the doctor about options we haven’t tried yet for Don’s constant congestion and sinus issues.
As expected, she suggested that he should get additional allergy tests — he is allergic to dust and cats — to find out if he is allergic to certain food. Now I just have to get him to go :)
I think this service is amazing for moms and kids especially: moms don’t have time to be sick, and it’s hard to find time to go the doctor’s office.
With Amwell, you avoid the traffic, the waiting room, or rescheduling. Better health is now in the palm of your hands — and we have our phones with us all the time anyway, right?
Typical issues they can help you with quickly:
- bronchitis, cough, sinus infection, sore throat
- fever, urinary tract infection, vomiting, diarrhea
- pinkeye, flu, cold, sprains and strains
- respiratory infection, headache
- depression, anxiety
- weight concerns and smoking cessation
Just choose the type of visit you are looking for and select a provider. The doctor can diagnose, suggest a follow up, and prescribe medication, when appropriate.
Amwell takes your privacy very seriously; the visit is secure and HIPAA compliant. Amwell is accepted by many major insurers. Enter your health insurance information for a lower cost visit.
Created by doctors, Amwell is:
- The first telehealth service awarded accreditation by The American Telemedicine Association
- The only service that allows you to select the doctor you want to see for an on-demand visit
Reason to use Amwell:
- Lower cost: Amwell offers a $49 physician visit. Great option for students in college looking for cost-effective healthcare or those between jobs and without insurance
- Accessibility: Great if you don’t have transportation or don’t feel well enough to drive and those who are newly relocated.
- Convenience: You will be seen immediately.
- Quick prescriptions
- Peace of mind: Rather than self-diagnosing or visiting a social forum, you get information from a board-certified, licensed doctors.
So the next time you or your child is sick and you don’t have time for a doctor visit or want immediate help, contact Amwell. Use the code BEWELL2 for your first free visit.
I’m not a big fan of technology taking over our life in general, but this service is truly super helpful.
Would you use Amwell?