Get Your Home Ready for Winter!
This year, I’m extra early with my Christmas decorations — the new Christmas tree was delivered a couple of days ago.
I can’t wait to put it up — I treated myself to a prelit tree, yay!
It looks like our home will be all decked out for Christmas before Thanksgiving, which is a first.
With all of the extra work that comes with the holidays – hosting family and friends, decorating, shopping for gifts — it’s easy to forget to ready your home for the colder months.
We were caught off guard by the first frost before we had winterized the water line for our garden. Thankfully, the line didn’t crack — like it did the first year we were in our house and just didn’t know that you have to let out all of the water out of the line.
Maintenance mistakes like that can get costly. Are you ready to fire up your furnace? The cold season is a bad time for your furnace to stop working.
With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s important to ensure that your HVAC system is working properly.
Routine HVAC maintenance helps prevent costly repairs and can make your HVAC system more energy efficient.
Sears Home Services can help and is offering the following Promotion and Home Improvement Offers right now:
• Schedule your Fall HVAC Preventive Maintenance check today, and save $40 off any paid HVAC repair or preventive maintenance. Offer expires 12/31/2017.
Did you know about the Sears HVAC Savings Program? I didn’t, and it would have come in handy when we had problems with our on-demand heater.
- Every paid HVAC maintenance and repair service with Sears Home Services earns you dollar-for-dollar savings towards your next HVAC replacement, up to 10% of your new unit purchase price – and your savings never expire.
- Earn credits towards a new HVAC system with qualified paid HVAC repair or maintenance from Sears Home Services.
Sears’ experts can repair, replace, or maintain your heating & cooling system.
HVAC checkups from Sears help keep your heating and cooling system running at its best.
Sears HVAC experts maintain all major types and brands of heating and whole-house cooling systems:
- Furnace maintenance
- Central air conditioner maintenance
- Boiler maintenance
- Heat pump maintenance
- Mini-split system maintenance
- Evaporative cooler maintenance
And don’t forget, the Sears Home Services Blog is full of helpful resources:
- How Home Air Quality Impacts Your Family’s Health
- Quick and Easy Fixes for Home Furnaces
- Heating and Cooling Preventive Maintenance
- 7 Easy Energy-Saving Tips for Winter
- Heating System Models by Sears
Here is what Sears HVAC experts do during a comprehensive HVAC maintenance check:
- Check thermostat settings and review the settings with you.
- Check the air filter.
- Check electrical connections.
- Check that the system controls and safety circuits work properly.
- Lubricate the blower motor, if applicable.
- During heating season, make sure the flue piping works properly.
- During heating season, check gas/oil connections, gas valve operation, gas pressure if needed, pilot burner if needed, heat exchanger if accessible, and burner for peak efficiency.
- Check the central air conditioner condenser coil and clean it (if appropriate.)
- Check that the condensate pump works properly.
- Check and clean the condensate drain line.
- Check the evaporator for adequate air flow.
Now you know who to turn to for HVAC maintenance and repairs — wishing you a warm and cozy winter!