My Coastal Fall Tablescape for the HomeGoods Blog

by Dagmar Bleasdale on October 2, 2015

If you know me at all, you know how much I love HomeGoods.

They feature so many beautiful home decor items that I usually find what I’m looking for for styling projects or for our Blue Cottage, and the prices are amazing.

We have a HomeGoods store only ten minutes away from us, with a thrift store next to it and in the same shopping center where I buy groceries, so I stop in quite often.

Even HomeGoods noticed how often I instagram and tweet about my latest #HomeGoodshappy find. We chatted on Twitter, and I mentioned that I’d love to write a blog post for them.

And guess what: I created a coastal fall tablescape with HomeGoods items for them and wrote a blog post that is now featured on their Design Happy blog!

Making a Classic Coastal Fall Tablescape

I purposely avoided the color orange for my coastal fall tablescape and went with metallic instead.

What do you think, do you like it? We have been enjoying it when sitting down for dinner.

coastal fall tablescape

Check out my post to find out which items I bought at HomeGoods, and how I put this all together.

174 pin

I’m using the book pages pumpkin painting my friend Kelly made me last fall, and created my own for the mantel.

And did you notice something? I finally painted our chairs white with chalk paint and distressed them with sand paper for a shabby chic look.

I’ve wanted to paint over the brown for years and am so happy with how they look. I even painted over the colorful fabric with watered-down chalk paint. I might reupholster them eventually.

131 pin092a

I hope this is just the first post for HomeGoods — I already have many more decorating ideas for other posts! :)

What is your favorite part of this coastal fall tablescape?

Crystal Green August 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM

This is a beautiful setting. I love the details you choose to add to your fall tablescape. I like that you purposely left orange out of because to me that keeps it from only being able to be used at Halloween time but yet for the entire Fall season.

Thank you for sharing this with us on the #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again when we open our doors at 12 AM EST on Friday.

Crystal@WhatTreasuresAwait August 21, 2016 at 5:47 PM

It’s all so pretty, especially the book pages pumpkin! Thanks for sharing at Welcome Home Wednesdays!

Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled August 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Very pretty mix of beach and autumn. Your entire room looks so pretty. I’m a big HomeGoods fan as well! Visiting from The Creative Collection party.

Cat @ Pocketful of Posies May 7, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Beautiful! I love all the metallics! And that pumpkin print is beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Dream. Create. Inspire. Link! Pinning!

Audrey October 10, 2015 at 10:32 PM

I just love the color scheme. Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty this week. I hope you join us next week.

Marie - Family and the Lake House October 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Oh WOW! I love your style! Everything is so pretty and I just looove your blue cottage! I’m over from the “Hit Me with Your Best Shot” linky and I’m soooo happy I found your blog. :)

Dagmar Bleasdale October 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Hi Marie, and I’m thrilled you found me! What a lovely comment – thanks!

CD Loken October 6, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Your tablescape is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the coastal mixed with fall colors-and that congrats on painting your chairs! Not an easy project-but yours look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing on The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop! Pinning!

Dagmar Bleasdale October 6, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Thank you for your lovely comment, and the pin :)

Brenda Kula-Pruitt October 5, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I’ve been to a Home Goods one time, once in Dallas. We don’t have a Home Goods in the whole state of OK!

Dagmar Bleasdale October 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Oh, no, we need to change that! We have the same situation here with World Market, which I love as well. There isn’t one close by. I don’t think there even is one in New York.

Brenda Kula-Pruitt October 6, 2015 at 10:36 AM

We also don’t have a World Market or an IKEA in this state…

Kristin October 4, 2015 at 2:23 PM

I love the mix of fall and coastal decor in the table, and the seaglass-blue bottles are gorgeous! I love and miss HomeGoods {we don’t have HomeGoods in Hawaii, though we make do with their partner offerings at TJMaxx}.