Blue Cottage Decor: Summer Mantel With Vintage Items

by Dagmar Bleasdale on August 14, 2015

summer mantel decor, DagmarBleasdale.com

I saw Halloween decor at HomeGoods yesterday.

Halloween? Already?

Shudder.

I love fall, but I’m not ready to be reminded that it’s just around the corner. I’m enjoying summer too much!

This is my current summer mantel.

009aSummer Mantel Decor

I love having a mantel to decorate — I never had one until we moved into the Blue Cottage two years ago.

I’m always changing things around on there, and I recently added this antique oil painting to it.

My mom gave it to me on my lastest visit to Germany in July. It doesn’t hurt to have a mom with a house full of beautiful antiques.

And I also added a display box full of little tins that usually has a different spot.

011aAnother recent addition are those succulents in white little planters. I found them at T.J. Maxx for $4.95 each and stocked up because I know they will come in handy to have for all kinds of vignettes for years to come.

013bI don’t think I ever blogged about those unique Evelt Torino Light Bulb Liqueur miniature bottles. I paid a few dollars for five at a tag sale.

019bI have three sets of antique weights that I brought over from Germany many years ago.

Why weights? Read about my parents’ odd collection of weights here. My collection of vintage bottles has also been inspired by my father’s collection.

This summer mantel is going to be rearranged again soon for fall, so I better enjoy this — fast.

Here are many more beautiful summer mantel ideas.

Did you decorate your mantel for this summer?

Lisa @ HarmonyandHappiness.com August 23, 2015 at 9:23 PM

That is just so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing on our Living with Style Linky Party!

Dagmar Bleasdale August 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Thank for coming by, Lisa!

Cat @ Pocketful of Posies August 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I love your mantle! I am also hanging on to summer, but I am also ready for fall! Im just waiting for it to cool of a little first! Thank you for sharing at Dream. Create. Inspire. Link! I hope we’ll see you there again this week!

Cat

Dagmar Bleasdale August 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Thank for coming by, Cat!

Sarena @ Teal Inspiration August 22, 2015 at 8:22 PM

This really looks great. I don’t have a mantle right now but I’m in the process of creating an idea for adding one to our stone fireplace. Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty and I hope you’ll join us again!

Dagmar Bleasdale August 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Thank for coming by, Sarena!

Pamela Smith August 22, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Looks great! I don’t have a mantel, but am in the process of taking an old headboard and making it into a faux fireplace. I can’t wait to have a mantel to decorate too!

Dagmar Bleasdale August 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Thank for coming by, Pamela! Can’t wait to see that faux fireplace!

Karen August 20, 2015 at 6:20 AM

I am hanging on to summer as well! I don’t want to rush right into Fall and winter!
I love how fresh and clean and breezy this looks on that massive fire p,ace!
Thank you so much for sharing with me at Something to Talk About!
Karen

Chrissa - Physical Kitchness August 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Oh this is so simple and cozy! Your decor makes me want a cabin so bad!! Great job!

Karren Haller August 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Hi Dagmar, I like the way you have used the shelf on the mantel its a great way to add more items and creates a greater display.
We have a new Hobby Lobby that opened and not only do they have Halloween but Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations, Im like wait a minute lets finish enjoying summer, Im not quit ready for fall colors.

I would love to have you stop by and share your post on OHMGFF this week.
Hope you have a delightful weekend!!
Karren