Tour of My Mom’s Cottage Garden in Germany

by Dagmar Bleasdale on July 26, 2015

mom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.comI promised you a post about my mother’s cottage garden when I ran out of time writing about my mom’s many antique collections in her house, and I figured Sunday is a good day to post it.

If you missed that post, here it is.

Put up your feet for a few minutes and enjoy a tour of this lovely cottage garden.

My Mom’s Cottage Garden in Germany

This is my childhood house my mom still lives in. I took these pictures when Landon and I visited her a few weeks ago.

069aThe front yard is lush with all kinds of bushes and roses.

072aMy mom has worked on this garden for almost 35+ years, and it shows. The garden is lush and staggered, just like I would love my flower beds to look at our Blue Cottage eventually. For now they look like this. It’s a start.

076a

078aThis is the backyard.

cottage gardenFrom the kitchen, you step onto the covered, glassed-in patio, and have a lovely view of the antique “Spieker.”

My father, an architect, saw the wood pieces for it on a farm and bought them, and had it rebuilt in our backyard. Then the brick walls were added.

Now it is filled with antiques — a cute eat-in cottage kitchen, a tiny powder room, and a quaint bedroom upstairs. I forgot to take pictures of the inside during my visit.

166aHere is Landon eating my mom’s yummy vegetable soup on the patio.

167a

168aSee the tea kettle-fork wind chime? That was a gift I brought from America one year.

mom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.com

171aThat large tree is an apple tree.

mom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.com

176aThis antique mill stone was tuned into a firing pit. We used it for a grill party my mom hosted for her neighbors during our last visit.

mom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.commom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.com

mom's cottage garden, DagmarBleasdale.comI hope you enjoyed this tour of my mom’s cottage garden!

189aDo you like cottage gardens? Then you’ll also enjoy this post of many more beautiful cottage garden ideas.

Stacey August 7, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I remember seeing your mom’s gardens once before and they are amazing! I love all the layers and textures. I bet it’s hard having your mom be so far away. Glad you got to visit her.

Thanks for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We love having you. ;)

Megan August 4, 2016 at 2:36 PM

What an absolutely stunning garden! I am so envious of you growing up there, it is breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing at Merry Monday!

Mary Elizabeth August 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I love your mom’s attention to detail in her garten. We spent 5 years in Germany and enjoyed the European’s precision and love of outdoor spaces ( gardens, family grave sites & public spaces: scalloped patterns in cobblestones, fountains & sculpture. You have a wonderful heritage of appreciation, stewardship, and beauty.

Dore @ Burlap Luxe August 13, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Such a beautiful Home and cottage… the garden scape is divine.
I am visiting you by way of Debra at Common Ground,
So much inspiring beauty here.

will see you soon

xx
Dore

Dagmar Bleasdale August 14, 2015 at 1:07 AM

Hi Dore, thank you for coming by!

Michele in IL. August 13, 2015 at 9:35 AM

What an amazing garden. Love the firepit!!
It is a garden that you’d love to be invited to for a garden party!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow August 12, 2015 at 7:06 PM

I just loved this post :)

Dagmar Bleasdale August 13, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Thank you, Deb!

Debra@CommonGround August 10, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hi Dagmar, this is my first time visiting your wonderful blog. Your mother’s garden is so beautiful and inviting. The small brick cottage in the back is truly magical. I’m in love. thank you so much for joining in for Share Your Style. I’ll be featuring this post at this week’s party. so nice to meet you!

Dagmar Bleasdale August 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM

Dear Debra, thank you so much for coming by – and featuring my post! That’s so sweet. I hope you’ll come by often from now on :)

Tara @ Lehman lane August 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Wow Dagmar, your mom’s garden looks like something right out of a fairy tale. It’s absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing her garden at Dream. Create. Inspire. Link. Please join us again this Tuesday night. I hope you have a great week. Take care, Tara

Alayna @AlaynasCreations August 7, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Lovely. Looks like it was all well thought out and put together lovingly over time. Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

Nellie August 7, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Morning Dagmar,
So nice to meet you here in blogland, I came over from Walking on sunshine recipes. Wow, what a treat to see your Mother’s cottage garden, all of it so lovely.
Loved the pathways and the antique house as well. Just refreshing and gorgeous.
She has certainly done and amazing job with it all. Nice that your dad is an
architect, so sure he must have had a bit of a hand it too…….
Well, thanks for sharing this lovely post with us, and tell your MOM we loved her
place!
Blessings, Nellie

Dagmar Bleasdale August 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM

I will tell her, thank you for coming by!

Cyndee Christman August 7, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! I’m so jealous…lol! Thank you for linking up with Idea Box!

Barbara from 21 Rosemary Lane August 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Oh what a beautiful fairy tale garden. Now I have total garden envy!
XO Barbara

Dagmar Bleasdale August 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Thanks for coming by, Barbara!

Rose @ Walnut Acre August 5, 2015 at 7:38 AM

What a beautiful garden!!!!!

Ilona July 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Liebe Dagmar, vielen Dank für den schönen Blög über unser Haus und Garten. Viele Grüße und Küsse, Deine Mama

michelle July 27, 2015 at 9:34 AM

absolutely beautiful! this is how I want my gardens to look too!

ann July 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Garden is breathtaking ! I am ever glad that my own Mother and I enjoyed a summer in her Fatherland as she had never been to Germany until she was over 60 and retired.

Jennifer Dawn July 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM

What a beautiful home, and the garden is lovely!

Dagmar ~ Dagmar's Home July 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Thanks for coming by, Jennifer! Did you check out my post about Haven? I added the picture of us :)