7 Porch Decorating Ideas for Spring

by Dagmar Bleasdale on April 10, 2015

Porch Decorating Ideas for Spring. DagmarBleasdale.com

Spring. Yes!

I’m itching to get outside and work on our porch and garden! I want to plant flowers, paint the porch, chalk paint furniture…

It looks like I will get the chance this weekend — it’s finally going to be sunny and warm.

I actually had a dream the other day with a genius idea of what to do with the pallets we have in our front yard that were covered in snow for months. Now I can see them again every day, and they’ve got to go.

Since this was a dream, I’ll have to see how it goes. For all I know, I can’t even lift one of those pallets myself — I’ve never tried.

Porch Decorating Ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

The dream also included making something with all of the tree trunk chunks we have in the backyard. I’m pretty creative in my dreams, don’t you think?

I had a tree crew come last fall to cut back some of our many trees and to cut up a tree that was already down.

porch 12{source}

I also have an idea for our porch: I want to add water-proof curtains to the sides of it. If my idea works, I’ll let you know why I was thinking of this.

Until I have more to report, enjoy these beautiful porches I found on Pinterest!

7 Porch Decorating Ideas for Spring

porch decorations{source}

porch 11{source}

porch idea{source}

porch 8{source}

porch 10{source}

Which one would be your dream porch? Do you have a porch? How did your decorate it?

You would also enjoy this post:

sahana April 2, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Great ideas. Thank you for sharing it with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

Victoria @DazzleWhileFrazzled April 1, 2016 at 12:32 AM

All great! I’d love to have a front porch; instead I must settle for a courtyard. Maybe we need to string some twinkly lights because they make everything better, right?! Visiting from The DIY Collective.

Dagmar Bleasdale April 1, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Hi Victoria, thanks for coming by! Yes, twinkly lights are always a good idea :)

julie March 31, 2016 at 11:15 AM

You are giving me porch envy. We don’t really have porches like this here in the Uk but I think some of these ideas could translate into our back garden quite nicely!

Sam @ Living The Dutch Dream March 31, 2016 at 7:03 AM

I adore all of them! Now I just wish I had a porch :(

Janet Vinyard March 30, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Hi Dagmar, I like all of them! Thanks for sharing these lovely ideas! Blessings, Janet

Mother & Daughter March 30, 2016 at 2:59 PM

I have a front porch and a screened in back porch. I love all of these, but husband and I can not agree on what we are going to do. lol

Melinda Mitchell March 28, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Yes, I have an all weather front porch. It’s a disaster. Broken appliances, and toys, and art supplies strung out everywhere.
Inspire Me Monday

Tania March 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM

I love that first one from Pennington Point! I do have a front porch and a back patio… unfortunately I really struggle with decorating them! Maybe this year I’ll get it right.

McKenzie April 17, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Those porch ideas are so beautiful! I’m dying over those red chairs + patio lights!!

Dagmar Bleasdale April 20, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Right? Me, too!

Seri April 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM

LOVE LOVE THESE IDEAS! -Seri from serisblog.com

Tammy April 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM

I adore porches. Living in the south you spend a lot of time there. I can’t get enough of them and love to decorate out there than in the house. Thanks for joining the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

Cyndi April 13, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I would love to have a big old covered porch that is protected from the weather – both sun and rain. We have a huge back deck, but it’s open to the elements with only a pergola for protection. The furniture and decor really takes a beating in the sun, and I have to bring the rug and pillows in when rain threatens. Great examples I’m envious.

Dagmar Bleasdale April 14, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Thanks for coming by, Cyndi! I also fight with the rain – even with our porch being covered I’m constantly covering our furniture.

Denise April 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Thank you for linking up with us at Sunday Features. We appreciate your support. Sharing on our FB page and pinned today. Thanks again.

Carmen April 13, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. One day I am going to build a huge front porch. Until then, I can dream!

Tammy April 12, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Love them all… oh how I wish I had a front porch to decorate! Thank you for sharing a Share it One More Time