Updating Mason Jars With White Plastic Lids

by Dagmar Bleasdale on March 13, 2015

Updating Mason Jars With White Plastic Lids. DagmarBleasdale.comI adore mason jars.

I’ve blogged about mason jars, I’ve made candles out of them, I have a whole Pinterest board I titled Mason Jar Love, and I wrote about 7 Ways to Decorate With Mason Jars for eBay.

ebay mason jar title

You can find mason jars all over our house — a collection of vintage blue mason jars and many new ones I store things in.

I recently made a small change in our kitchen I’m pretty happy with: I updated the mason jars I use to store dry goods and sweets in with white plastic lids.

Small change, big impact.

I showed you those mason jars when I wrote about our farmhouse kitchen.

farmhouse kitchen, DagmarBleasdale.com

As you can see, some of the lids were gold and some silver. So when I found inexpensive, BPA-free white plastic lids for mason jars, I bought a box of big plastic lids and a box of small ones to update my jars.

Mason Jars With White Plastic Lids

Here is a link to them on Amazon: they are on sale right now and only cost

• $2,99 for 8 small lids
  • $6,77 for 8 wide-mouth lids!

Ball Regular Mouth Jar Storage Caps Set of 8

I think the white lids go better with our white kitchen. Plus, they kind of look unexpected and cool. Have you seen white mason jar lids before? I hadn’t.

Mason Jars With White LidsThese lids are also so much more practical. We open and close these jars every day, and having to juggle two lid pieces — the top and the lid ring — is harder than just having these white plastic lids now.

Mason Jars With White Lids

Mason Jars With White Lids

Mason Jars With White LidsUpdating Mason Jars With White Plastic Lids. DagmarBleasdale.comWhat do you think, do you like the white lids?

Mason Jars With White Lids

Ball Regular Mouth Jar Storage Caps Set of 8

Like this post? Then share away :)

Janice Wald March 22, 2015 at 2:23 PM

I think your photos really show off the jars. Thanks for coming to the Inspire Me Monday Linky party. I’m Janice, one of your hostesses.

Analida's Ethnic Spoon March 17, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I love your post on the Mason Jars and your Pinterest board! I have friends that work with a local company that makes mason jar flip caps and is now bringing out a shaker cap! These are really cool and I think you would love them. Check out masonjars.com. I will tweet this post to them! They love all mason jar uses.

Dagmar Bleasdale March 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for the tips, Analida!

Nance in Reno March 16, 2015 at 11:57 PM

I found them at Walmart. I really like them for storing leftovers and small amounts of dry items (pasta, flour, sesame seeds, candy, etc.). The only thing that folks should know is the lids are not as tight as the metal rings, so liquids will leak out of the plastic lids. I like to make iced tea at home and take a quart jar of tea to work; if I am careful and keep the jar completely upright, I can use the plastic lid but if it tips even slightly, the bottom of my insulated lunch bag gets wet. I will either put a piece of saran wrap between the jar and the plastic lid or use the metal lid and ring for beverages. I do use the plastic lids for soup, which usually is thick enough not to leak.

Dagmar Bleasdale March 17, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Hi Nance, thanks for all those tip! Since I only use the lids on jars with dry goods that sit in our kitchen, I hadn’t noticed that.

Madonna March 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM

I love using canning jars. I found my lids at the hardware store.:)

Karren Haller March 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Well now isnt that clever of Mason to create white lids, perfect!!!

I think your post would be enjoyed on my Friday Feature Linky party,
if you would like to share, I would love to have you stop by!!
Have a great weekend!