We live in a little cottage, so of course I adore this style of decorating your home.
It’s so inviting and comfortable, not fussy, and full of items that are well-loved and have a story to tell.
Nothing has to match and really anything goes — you can add vintage with beachy cottage decor, English cottage with country cottage decor.
In our Blue Cottage, I’m combining a little bit of country, farmhouse, and vintage cottage furniture and decor with furniture that have more modern lines.
If you want to achieve comfortable cottage style decorating in your home or one of your rooms, look for these items:
- small furniture with weathered finishes
- beadboard along the walls or on the back of furniture pieces
- wicker furniture and a lot of baskets
- floral fabrics, vintage quilts, and/or plaid and stripes
- a lot of walls and items in white, with accents of pastel and brown
- sheer window coverings
Here are some examples of comfortable cottage style decorating I absolutely love:
Have you added cottage decor to your home? How would you describe your style?