Cottage Style Decorating
The Key to Comfortable Cottage Style Decorating
We live in a little cottage, so of course I adore the cottage style of decorating your home.
It’s so inviting and comfortable, not fussy, and full of items that are well-loved and have a story to tell.
Nothing has to match and really anything goes — you can add vintage with beachy cottage decor, English cottage with country cottage decor.
In our Blue Cottage, I’m combining a little bit of country, farmhouse, and vintage cottage furniture and decor with furniture that have more modern lines from HomeGoods, Kohl’s, and Target.
If you want to achieve comfortable cottage style decorating in your home or one of your rooms, look for these items:
This post includes affiliate links.
- furniture with weathered, chippy, or rustic finishes
- beadboard or shiplap along the walls or on the back of furniture pieces
- wicker furniture and a lot of baskets
I have these white baskets myself and use them on our rolling side table in the kitchen:
- romantic floral or plaid fabrics
I want these pillow cases! So pretty.
- vintage or romantic quilts
- a lot of white walls and items in white, with accents of pastels, blue, and/or brown
- sheer or lacey window coverings
I use tension rods and these inexpensive tea towels as window coverings in our living room. I added them just to the bottom, which gives us privacy but lets in a lot of light.
Here are some examples of comfortable cottage style decorating I absolutely love:
Have you added some cottage style decor to your home? How would you describe your style?
Pin this for later!