Wordless Wednesday With Linky: Vermont Trip

by Dagmar Bleasdale on September 23, 2014

Vermont roadtrip

Our Vermont Trip

A 2-night stay in a Vermont Inn for $99, including breakfast? I have been wanting to see Vermont for years and when I saw this deal on Amazon Local, I bought it a few months ago.

We didn’t get to go during the summer and it was almost expiring, so I decided to take L out of school for two days and just go on a road trip. Don couldn’t come because he started a new project on Monday, so it’s just us.

sky and clouds and road

I’m kind of glad we went now because the Indian Summer here is AMAZING! It took us a little over four hours to make it to Killington, but I enjoyed every minute. First, we drove up the beautiful Taconic, and then Route 7.

This is our view here at the Inn.

Inn of the Six Mountains, Killington, Vermont

It was their turn to go on a trip with L.

stuffed animals in hotel room

Yesterday, we drove a little further past Woodstock to Queechee Gorge Village.

They have the biggest antique center I’ve ever seen, next to a toy and train museum, a general store, and a cute diner.

Queechee Gorge Village, VermontI’m saving the best picture for a whole post about the trip. If you want a sneak peak or want to see what we are doing today, follow along on Instagram.

I posted my next “Thrifty & Vintage Finds” link party, number 40! What would you call what I scored last week, a snowflake clock?

What are you up to? Your turn! More Wordless Wednesday linky hosts: Better in Bulk and Verena’s Schoene Welt.

Andrew September 25, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Indian summer usually occurs in November. It is a day after the first fall freeze and is warm and a bit hazy. It is a warm day after the first frost, which has cool evening that follows.

Andrew September 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Hope you two tasted some good pancakes(pumpkin…) or waffles(banana…) with crazy delicious Vermont maple syrup.

Dagmar Bleasdale September 25, 2014 at 2:00 AM

We tried to go to a known pancake place there for two days but never made it in time – they weren’t open for dinner. We had the crappiest pancakes, worst ever!, on the way home at a diner :)

Candace September 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I was just over in Quechee and Woodstock a couple of weeks ago. My husband and I took a beautiful Sunday drive. Antiques, wine, cheese…and gorgeous weather! We are looking forward to another Indian Summer weekend coming up. I can’t wait!

Dagmar Bleasdale September 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM

We were in Woodstock yesterday but got stuck in the most well-organized thrift store at the start of town and never made it further up the street! We ran out of time because I had 4+ hours of driving ahead of me back to Westchester. Such a coincidence that you just visited there.

Candace September 25, 2014 at 9:07 PM

I need to make a trip back over there and find that thrift store!

Cindy Nehlsen September 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Your clock is a Syroco Mid Century Sunburst Clock. They sell now for around $125. Enough to pay for your hotel stay and then some! Great find!

Nona September 23, 2014 at 11:46 PM

It looks like you had a very beautiful trip! Going in time to see the colors changing must have been very special.

Teresa September 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I love these pictures! I so wish I could go to Vermont. Maybe someday!
Have a great week.

Rhonda Albom September 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I was in Vermot in the autumn when the girls were little. It is so beautiful. Thanks for your lovely photos, and what a great find – two nights at $99.