Wordless Wednesday With Linky: Cozy Cottage Decor

by Dagmar Bleasdale on September 10, 2014

Cozy cottage decor, DagmarBleasdale.comCozy Cottage Decor

I can’t tell you how relieved I am that my blog is working properly again.

I’ve gone through this a few times over the years, and it’s always stressful to know that people are coming to your blog and only see an error message.

We work so hard for every visitor, and then this.

I updated to WordPress 4.0 and pow, most of my blog posts weren’t showing up.

Ugh.

A friend of mine told me today that she can’t imagine me ever stressing out, but it’s hard to stay calm when it’s out of my hand until the professionals are done and get it working again. I can do a lot, but I’m no coder.

No fun. Being up and running again is that much sweeter, and I couldn’t wait to blog yesterday.

Has your blog ever been down?

I took that picture a few days ago in our kitchen. Love this house.

I’m excited for all the opportunities to make the Blue Cottage the most beautiful little cottage for us. I have been pinning a lot of pictures to my “cottage and farmhouse decor” board lately for inspiration.

Pictures like these make me happy.

cottage living, red cottage{source}

cosy cottage decor{source}

cozy cottage decor{source}

Today it smelled and felt like fall here in Westchester. Summer is over, L is back in school, the leaves are changing, and I’m looking forward to my favorite season. Picking out pumpkins at the farm, decorating the house…

I posted my new “Thrifty & Vintage Finds” link party and am showing off my estate sale treasures from this weekend. I only paid $14 for at that! I hope you’ll link up your finds.

Your turn! More Wordless Wednesday linky hosts: Better in Bulk and Verena’s Schoene Welt.

Rhonda Albom September 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I have been afraid to upgrade my wordpress, and you have just confirmed my fears. Lovely photos – it sure is a cozy looking cottage.

Dagmar Bleasdale September 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM

Hi Rhonda, yes, the next time there is an upgrade, I’m going to wait a while until they have fixed the bugs. I used to do that, but that is a security issue. No matter what, it’s a pain :)

Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) September 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Lovely interior! So shabby chic! #ww

Karren Haller September 10, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I cant blame you for the stress, there nothing worse than a blog goes arye. I have the best webmaster blog guru, he fixes anything I have problems with. I hope you have all the bugs worked out. I love all your features today!!! Would love to have you stop by to share this week.
Have a great day, Happy Fall!!
Karren

Cathi September 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I’m loving the vintage accessories!! Happy WW!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz September 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Lovely!

Here’s my Wordless Wednesday!

Momfever September 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM

These pictures are truely lovely. I would love to live in the little red house and have that beautiful coffee pot.

keiths ramblings September 10, 2014 at 2:25 AM

What a cosy cottage. Delightful.

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) September 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM

By the way, we do have an aff link to wpengine… but my recommendation is totally independent of that. If you want our link is http://www.5minutesformom.com/wpengine

It costs a bit more than some cheap hosting companies but still saves us money over other good companies. And nothing is more important that keeping your site LIVE!!!

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) September 10, 2014 at 1:14 AM

The upgrade to Wordpress 4.0 broke our blog too… it stopped showing comments.

Fortunately we’re hosted with wpengine and they rolled it back to the previous version without a hiccup.

We’ve been through soooo much stress with hosting companies… I cannot recommend wpengine highly enough.

Dagmar Bleasdale September 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Hi Susan, thanks for commenting! I could also have just rolled back to the previous version, but eventually I’d have to upgrade, so I’m glad I figured out the problem. I’m definitely considering WPengine and was looking for an affiliate link for it on your site so you could get the credit :). SO thanks for the link. I’m hesitant to go with another host because that means my blog will be down again during the migration and I just got the hang of their dashboard. Are you on a dedicated server?

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) September 12, 2014 at 4:36 AM

I agree that changing hosts is a BIG hassle that I definitely avoid. We’ve changed hosting companies about 4 times since we created our site in 2006 and I do NOT plan to change again for a very long time. But your site shouldn’t have to go down for long during a migration if you get the right help with it.

We used to have a dedicated server at our previous hosting companies, but on wpengine, we’re on their $250 per month plan and it is way faster and costs us less. We’re saving a ton and have never had our site so fast and easy to manage.

Thanks for taking the time to look for our aff link…

It is http://www.5minutesformom.com/wpengine

But again, my recommendation is not at all influenced by the affiliate program. I sincerely am sooooo happy with our decision to change hosts. For us, the fact we are saving so much money and have a faster site is shocking.

Let me know if you want to chat more about it.

Another great resource I found recently and am using is a service called http://wpcurve.com/ which can help you with technical work on your site.

Dagmar Bleasdale September 14, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Thanks for all this info, Susan, I really appreciate it!