Easy DIY Wall Art for the Blue Cottage

by Dagmar Bleasdale on June 29, 2014

DIY wallk art with vintage prints

Easy DIY Wall Art for the Blue Cottage

A while ago, I picked up three of these frames at Target. They were marked down to $4.48 and I just couldn’t pass them up. I knew they’d come in handy at some point.

inexpensive Target frames

Remember those 105 beautiful, antique bird prints I bought at a tag sale? Well, I noticed that the off-white color of the frames are the exact color of the bird print pages, and they happen to fit the frames perfectly.

vintage bird prints

But I had already put the whole lot of the prints for sale in my Etsy store. I was torn: should I keep them instead?

A few days past and I kept thinking about how pretty the prints would look in this spot above our dining table in the living room.

wall artAnd then I decided: I don’t have to make a choice now — until the prints sell, I’m going to frame three and display and enjoy them.

It’s not permanent and when they sell, I’ll find something else to put into the frames. I have so many vintage books with pretty illustrations, it won’t be hard to switch them out.

Voila: easy DIY wall art for the Blue Cottage.

framed vintage bird print

vintage prints wall art

easy DIY wall art: vintage bird brints

easy DIY wall art

vintage bird printsEasy DIY Wall Art for the Blue Cottage

Would you have switched out the pictures? What do you like better: the bridge picture or the three prints?

Check out my latest “Thrifty & Vintage Finds” link party! If you found an amazing deal lately, new or vintage, then play along and link up!

Rosemary@anitalianinmykitchen January 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM

What a great idea, looks beautiful. Thanks for linking up at the Project Parade Linky Party.

Aimee, The Crazy Craft Lady January 21, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Lovely pictures! I did the same thing in the twins’ room with pictures from “The Jungle Book.” :)

Dagmar Bleasdale January 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I love the idea of framing children’s book pages — I have a few books that I’m saving for that.

Kathryn November 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I love birds and bridges, but in this room, I love the birds. They are singing “welcome” to everyone who enters the dining room. They also bring a freshness to the room. On the other hand, The Bridge is not warm, cheerful or welcoming. But I’m sure there is that perfect spot where The Bridge is meant to shine.

Heather November 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I love the birds. I think the 3 seperate add more to the space than the single bridge picture. Have a great weekend!

Lou Lou Girls November 1, 2014 at 1:28 PM

This looks amazing! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

Olushka October 30, 2014 at 7:44 AM

The idea is really great – simple and very stylish!

Madonna October 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

The birds are perfect. In fact I would use a second row.

Dagmar Bleasdale October 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I would as well but they don’t make those frames anymore :(

Kathryn November 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

PS: I agree with Madonna about the second row; although, I was a little conflicted because I also thought a 4th pic would be attractive. If it were my room, I would live with the three pics for a week or so, and experiment
with a second row or a 4th picture. ????????

Misty Nicole Overstreet-Roberts (The Lady Prefers To Save) August 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

What a great tip! Hello, my name is Misty, from The LadyPrefers2Save at http://theladypreferstosave.com, and I’m one of the new co-hosts for the Merry Monday Linky Party! Thanks for linking up at the Merry Monday’s Linky Party this week. Have an awesome week!

Dagmar ~ Dagmar's Home August 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Hi Misty, thanks for coming by and leaving a comment!