This Vintage Curio Cabinet is Now My Linen Closet

by Dagmar Bleasdale on February 16, 2014

vintage curio cabinet now a linen closetI bought this beautiful, vintage curio cabinet with desk months before we moved into the Blue Cottage. It finally came home after my girlfriend stored it in her basement.

When I bought this I didn’t know exactly how I was going to use it, just that I had to have it. I think I paid $100 for it.

Now it has found a home, next to our stairs upstairs.

This is what was there before since we moved in, also another thrifting find:

I moved the bookcase into our bedroom to make space for the curio. It added welcome storage in our little cottage.

vintage curio cabinet with desk

What to put into the display part? Milk glass collection, vintage tin can collection, tea cups? Then I knew: my linens! They were hidden away in a drawer and I really wanted to find a way to show them off. Plus they would be more organized and easy to access.

vintage curio cabinet now a linen closetIsn’t the desk part cute? I think I’ll stock it with some of my note cards and office supplies that are overtaking the office.

vintage curio cabinet now a linen closetvintage curio cabinet now a linen closetEventually, I want to either paint the whole curio white with chalk paint or at least fix up the door of the desk, which needs a little help. But that will have to wait — I have many other paint projects that I need to finish first.

Do you have a special linen closet?

Linked up to Tuesday’s Treasures and The Thrifty Groove.

Meg May 30, 2016 at 6:45 PM

This is such a beautiful piece! You made a great call because those linens are too pretty not to display!

Anna International July 24, 2015 at 8:00 AM

How funny! My linen closet is almost exactly the same as this, but without the desk addition! I love that it shows off the pretty colours, but I do get fed up trying to nicely fit the huge duvet covers in there so they still look smart!! Lol!
Thanks so much for joining the Living with Style Linky Party – I hope you will come and join us again this week – we’re live now!

Dagmar Bleasdale July 24, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for coming by, Anna! So funny that you have a similar linen closet.

Sarena @ Teal Inspiration July 17, 2015 at 11:40 PM

What an awesome find! It looks great the way you’re using it too. Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty! Hope you’ll join in again next week!

Vickie July 16, 2015 at 9:02 AM

I love the way you’ve used your secretary to display your linens! I have a very similar piece in our dining room that you can see here:

Visiting from Anderson & Grant.

Laurie July 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM

What a wonderful way to use your beautiful cabinet! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Brag About It Link Party!

Gilly @ Colour Saturated Life July 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I love this….such a cute cabinet. I wish my linens were as pretty as yours!

Cathy July 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM

I love this cabinet and used to have one very similar that I used as a book case along with the desk features. Thank you so much for sharing yours with Share It One More Time. Cathy

Zurleys Vintage Furniture March 1, 2014 at 6:29 AM

What you’ve done is actually really a clever idea… it’s always good to see vintage furniture being used in a functional way instead of just there to look pretty!

Dagmar Bleasdale March 3, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove February 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Seriously am loving this cabinet! It is perfect for beautiful linens and the desk past is so sweet! I am so glad you found TTF and joined! (oh great! Now another things I am going to be searching thrift stores for!! LOL)

Gentle Joy February 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM

What a beautiful cabinet for linen storage…… charming…..and what a good idea……..thank you for sharing this. :) Gentle Joy