Save Money With the Lutron Occupancy Sensor Switch
The Lutron Occupancy Sensor Switch is such a lifesaver!
Do you ever find yourself saying, “Who left the lights on?”
I do! All the time!
Then I have an easy solution for you:
The Lutron Maestro® Occupancy/Vacancy Sensing Switch automatically turns lights on when you enter a room and off when you leave, so this switch will save you money and make your life so much easier.
It’s ideal for rooms in which the light gets left on accidentally a lot. I installed it for my son’s closet, because when he takes something out of it he often forgets to switch off the light and I find it on hours later. The Lutron sensory switch takes care of this problem.
It’s also perfect for rooms like the front entrance, pantry, laundry room, or garage you might walk into with your hands full. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the sensor turn the light on for you when you walk into the room?
Here is my video of the super-easy installation of this switch.
It took less than 10 minutes after I watch the installation video, and this was my first time to ever do electrical work.
Make sure you turn off the electricity in your home BEFORE you install this switch!
More info about the Lutron Occupancy Sensor Switch:
- Works with incandescents, halogens, dimmable compact fluorescents (CFLs) and dimmable LEDs, no special wiring required
- Patented Ambient Light Detect senses daylight—only turns lights on when there is not enough natural light
- Proprietary Advanced XCT™ sensing technology detects fine motions to ensure lights stay on when rooms are occupied and allows for sensitivity level to be adjusted
- Reliable on/off sensing performance up to 30 feet
- Can function in two modes: Occupancy mode (automatically turns lights on when entering, keeps them on while someone is present, and turns them off after they leave) or Vacancy mode (manually turn lights on when entering a room and the sensor automatically turns lights after someone leaves).
I’m using the Vacancy setting because the switch and sensor is on the outside of L’s closet. I don’t want the light for the closet to turn on every time someone is in his room.
– Adds convenience and energy-savings to any room
– Comes in a variety of colors to match your décor
– Complements Lutron family of Maestro® smart controls like timers
Home improvement centers, lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, online retailers and Lutron.com
Two models are available, for small rooms and large rooms, $29 and $41.