Wordless Wednesday — Earth Day Activities With Kids

by Dagmar Bleasdale on April 17, 2012

Earth Day is this Sunday, May 22!

Our town was encouraging people to help clean our roads. The library was giving out trash bags and organized their pickup. I definitely wanted to be part of this effort and make it a fun and educational event with Landon.

So a few days ago, Landon and I and a couple of my friends with their girls picked up trash alongside one of our local roads.

We collected five bags of trash in just half an hour! I can’t imagine just chucking something out of my car window… And my son will neither.

Are you going to do something special in honor of Earth Day? Tell me about other Earth Day activities with kids!

Check out these other blogs who also host Wordless Wednesday:

Live and Love Out Loud, Dear Crissy, Project Alicia, Mama Dweeb, Mist and Lilies, Mommy Paradise, Better in Bulk, Verena’s Schoene Welt, Ein Bisschen Haushalt, A Rural Journal, and Pinke Post!

Link up!

Like this? Then share it with a simple click!

Kelley @Kelley's Passion for Nutrition April 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Wow, that is what we are planing on doing this weekend. Is being outside, cleaning what needs done and doing some planting! Great Job! http://kelleysnutrition.blogspot.com/2012/04/wordless-wednesday-titanic-100-years.html

Dagmar April 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Have fun! Dagmar

BusyWorkingMama April 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Great idea to clean up the town!

Verena April 18, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Das ist eine super Idee! Wir haben das auch gerade mit unserer Gemeinde in Wiesbaden gemacht.

Lasst es Euch gut gehen!

Alles Liebe,
Verena

Christy Ann April 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That’s a great idea! Something I’d like to do with my son once he’s old enough!

Amy April 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I used to participate in the Earth Day beach clean up in my area, but I haven’t in awhile. I’ll look into what my community has to offer this year. I think my toddler is a great age now.

Michelle April 17, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Every year I organize a neighborhood beach clean up. We live right on the water, so it helps to keep the land we love and enjoy, clean while teaching the children about littering, protecting our wild/sea life and about working together as a community.

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud April 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM

That’s wonderful, Dagmar! It’s so great to get Landon involved in caring for our planet early on. :)