Wordless Wednesday — Hiking Mount Beacon

by Dagmar Bleasdale on February 21, 2012

On Sunday we drove an hour to try out a new hike. Don said the hike at Mount Beacon would be a 1-mile, easy hike. Ha.

I was wearing the wrong shoes, again, just like on our Breakneck Ridge hike. This wasn’t that hairy, but we climbed Mount Beacon for an hour.

Landon was doing a great job, but I didn’t have much energy because I hadn’t eaten in 1+ days :)

Look how far up were were! We could see the Hudson River, my beloved Cold Spring, and Beacon.

My little mountain goat.

Link up — and don’t forget to enter my fab $50 Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery giveaway (includes a toaster and coupons for free bread!):

And check out these blogs for more WW and Wordful Wednesday fun:

Live and Love Out Loud, Dear Crissy, Project Alicia, Mama Dweeb, Mist and Lilies, Mommy Paradise, Better in Bulk, Verena’s Schoene Welt, Ein Bisschen Haushalt, A Rural Journal, and Pinke Post!

Hali @daytodayMOMents February 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What a fun adventure..as my son would call it! :) Thanks for sharing, and the link up!

angie February 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Love these pictures! You are brave to go hiking after not eating for a day! How is the cleanse going?

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly February 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Great shots! I have never visited Mount Beacon, great view, worth the work right? :)

Happy WW, I linked up!

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog February 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Thanks so much for hosting…first time linker here. So fun to see the photos of your hike…love the one with the parking sign. :)
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Amber - Binkertation February 22, 2012 at 11:39 AM

what an amazing view!!! I hope it made the (somewhat uncomfortable) hike worth it :)

Verena February 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Ach was für eine schöne Aussicht!
Ich drücke Dir die Daumen mit dem Juice Cleansing. Ich glaube, dass muss ich auch mal wider machen.
Liebste Grüße,