Wordless Wednesday — Halloween Canceled Because of Snow

by Dagmar Bleasdale on November 1, 2011

Yes, Halloween was canceled around here this year, can you believe it?

We had a huge snowstorm, a freak Nor’easter, and so many trees were down and so many people without power that the local towns wanted parents and kids to stay home.

So celebrating L’s 5th birthday was an adventure

…and we just walked up the street to trick-or-treated at two houses, after hanging out with my girlfriend, her husband, and her two little girls for a bit.

That reminds me, I think we still have some candy left…

Did you have fun trick-or treating? And what’s your favorite candy you steal from your kids? LOL

What have you been up to? Link up!

And check out these blogs for more WW fun:

Live and Love Out Loud, Dear Crissy, Project Alicia, Mama Dweeb, Marni’s Organized Mess, Mommy Paradise, Better in Bulk, Verena’s Schoene Welt, Ein Bisschen Haushalt, and Pinke Post!

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud November 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Does this mean that no one got to see L in his awesome costume? He looks so darn cute!!!

Dagmar November 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

We are hoping that the town will have “Halloween” on Friday. So wrong :)

BeanBugCrafts November 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I couldn’t imagine Halloween being canceled because of snow. I guess we are a little more equipped up here in Alaska. His costume is Great! Thanks for sharing.

I’m now a GFC follower & BlogFrog Follower!

Cheri D November 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM

What an adorable costume! We had a fun Halloween in Seattle, no snow and no rain! We often get rain but not this year :) One of my favorite candies are the Smarties!

Lauren@BabyinBulgaria November 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

No trick or treat? That stinks! He still looks cute all dressed up though :)

Holly November 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Oh no snow. It was chilly here in Michigan and lots of trick-or-treaters (well, the parents) were glad we did not get snow. I always steal the butterfingers, and the twix.

Gianna November 2, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Wow – you’ve got snow?? Our friend in Hartford, CT, has snow too… it’s odd … But he has no power and no heater :( What about you? Are you alright?

Greets
Gianna

Dagmar November 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM

We only lost power for a few minutes — not a few days like others. Really lucky.

Polish Mama on the Prairie November 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Well, at least he made a handsome police officer.

We usually hand in over 1/2 of our candy to the local shelter. But I personally dig (and dig and dig) around the bag for chocolate with nuts and fruit in it or with wafers but it’s not very common that we get Halloween candy like that.

alicia November 2, 2011 at 7:43 AM

So sad. That’s just nuts. Sounds like you made the most of it and it will certainly make for some great stories for years to come…

Lolli @ Better in Bulk November 2, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I really can’t believe that we got snow, and that you guys got so much that Halloween was cancelled. That’s crazy! Makes me want to consider buying better candy for next year, just in case I’m stuck keeping it. lol

Odie Langley November 2, 2011 at 4:35 AM

Very good pictures as usual, rained here.

Verena November 2, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Oh nein, ich wüßte nicht, dass bei Euch schon Schnee liegt. Das ist ja verrückt! Danke für Deinen Kommentar! Stimmt Halloween ist in Deutschland auch schon recht populär. Da habe ich doch glatt einige Trick-or- treaters mit meiner selbsgebastelten Maske verscheucht. ;)
Alles Liebe noch nachträglich zu L.´s Geburtstag!

Ganz liebe Grüße,
Verena

Jennifer November 2, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Aw, I’m sorry it was cancelled for you all! We didn’t go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. We went the lazy route and went to the mall! ;-) Nothing easier than going from store to store, I say!

Gabriel November 2, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Poor little guy!!! Nice costume, though.

If it is any consolation, I spent Hallowe’en at a hotel… :-)

kewkew November 2, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Love the costume.
The storm missed us. Sorry it got you.

Anna ~ Random Handprints November 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM

we only did a little trick-or-treating in our town as well bc of the storm.

love his cop costume!

veronica lee November 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Poor thing! But he looks adorable in the costume.

Happy WW!

Rosey November 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Awww, my little one was a police officer too. They look so cute in the little uniforms, don’t they?!?!

My confession: I took Whoppers and Candy Corn from little man’s t-o-treat pumpkin. :D

Sorry about your snow problems. Boooooooooo!

Monika November 2, 2011 at 12:22 AM

He looked adorable in that costume – That bites – who ever heard of such a thing?! I guess if it weren’t for the downed power lines there would be no excuse. Next year will be better.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 November 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I’ve hidden the candy. I find when its out of sight its out of mind….sort of. Depends on how late I blog ha!
Loved your little policeman. Great costume. Sorry about the snowstorm. We often trick or treat in snow. Kind of comes with living in Northern Canada.
Dana

Vivien November 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Happy fifth birthday! It’s the best time of the year for boys to be born :-)

Ai Sakura November 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Sorry to hear that Halloween was canceled kinda..
costume was pretty good tho’ :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka