Help your child have a great first day in preschool!
- Visit the preschool/kindergarten with your child before the first day.
- Don’t sneak out on your child, always say goodbye.
- Be prepared that your child – or you – might have a delayed reaction to the separation.
- Tuck a family picture in your child’s lunch box so he or she can look at it when he/she wants mommy or daddy.
- Don’t be afraid to give the school’s director or teacher specific directions about what will make things easier for your child.
- Celebrate the first day of school. I love the German tradition of a “Schultuete” – a paper cone filled with goodies for your child.
Here are more tips.
Do you have a tip you want to share? Then leave a comment to help other parents!