My Dream Home: 8 Entryway and Front Hall Decorating Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on September 12, 2011

front hall decorating ideas

Front Hall Decorating Ideas

I love to imagine My Dream Home and to pin beautiful pictures to my Pinterest boards.

Here are eight fun, creative ideas for decorating an entryway, foyer, or front hall. Even if you don’t have a lot of space, you can make these decorating ideas work in other rooms of your home, or even on a porch or patio.

This is just my style because you can can replicate this on any budget: hang an inexpensive upper cabinet, find a little desk and paint it, buy a few colorful plates at a thrift store, and display a collection of little items. How sweet!

I’ve seen curtains like this used to divide rooms, which is such a clever idea. Here the curtain is just a couple feet away from the wall to hide coats, jackets, and shoes.

Why not spruce up an entryway with a wall full of pictures in different sizes that have one thing in common — these are all black and white.

Use the little space behind the door for storage! A simple coat rack, cute sconce, and a wooden step stool make this a functional space.

You could also move the coat rack lower and hang a pinboard in a frame or a little shelf for keys, etc.

How creative is this closet repurposing with wallpaper, hooks, and a bench seat? In the winter, wet shoes or clothes could go in that laundry basket.

Front Hall Decorating Ideas{source}

Do you have the space? Then why not add a bench to your front hall. I throw my things on our two green Ikea chairs when I get home.

I love everything about this entryway: the cream wall color, the tall wainscoting, the little table, and the glass door that lets in so much light.

I love this round table in front of the door! You can decorate that for every season.

Which one of these front hall decorating ideas inspired you to recreate them in your home?

Scentsy Katie November 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Love the entry way with the tall wainscotting, especially all the natural light.

Marie - Family and the Lake House April 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM

That gallery wall! *swoon* Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Dagmar Bleasdale April 27, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Hi Marie, yes, that’s one pretty gallery wall. I still need to put ours together.

Cyndee April 25, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Now, THESE are the kind of blogs I like!! Love getting inspiration and ideas like this! I love the little space behind the door. So cute! Thanks for linking up at Idea Box!

Trish April 24, 2015 at 11:59 PM

These are great. I love the one with the black and white photo collage and the little bench.

Kristen April 23, 2015 at 8:44 AM

What great inspiration photos! I love that bench and I want to turn our small closet into a small bench with hooks I even seen one picture on Pinterest where there was hidden space than opened like doors behind the coat hooks. One day I will renovate my entryway thanks for more great ideas.

Ruthie Gray April 21, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Ahh, these are all gorgeous and easy on the eyes! I have always been all about an entryway, and I try to spruce mine up every month according to the season – Christmas accents, Valentine, Easter, 4th of July. It’s fun and welcoming! Thanks for sharing over at Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!

Mary Ellen April 20, 2015 at 9:37 PM

I love your ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Bridget/The Recipe Wench April 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I love these ideas. My favorite is the repurposed closet! I also like the idea of having the table by the door so you can decorate for every season/holiday. I’m definitely filing these ideas away! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Mondays!

Dagmar Bleasdale April 21, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Thanks for coming by, Bridget!

Mary April 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Great choices! My problem is I like them all. lol My choice would be one I could recreate with items from around my house. I love repurposing. Happy decorating

Kim April 19, 2015 at 11:29 PM

These are lovely entryways. I really like the idea of the curtain if you don’t have an entryway closet to hide coats and such. We have a bench inside our front door. I love it! I put my purse on my end and the kids lay their coats on it for me to hang them. Have a lovely week!

Cathy April 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Love all these beautiful entryways. I think the gallery wall one was my favorite. Thank you for sharing these wonderful ideas with Share It One More Time. Cathy

PragmaticMom September 12, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I do love the idea of a nice entryway and mine could use some of these ideas. It is the first impression that a visitor gets. I love this series of posts! Such great inspirational ideas! Thanks Dagmar!