Wordless Wednesday – German Food and Stadtmusikanten

by Dagmar Bleasdale on August 23, 2011

I’m in Germany right now and am trying to make the best of a sad occasion.

German breakfast — Fruestueck:

German cake and coffee — Apfelstrudel Kuchen und Kaffee:

The famous Bremer Stadtmusikanten:

Link up your Wordless Wednesday — or Wordful Wednesday — post!

Check out these great blogs for more WW fun:

Live and Love Out Loud, Dear Crissy, Project Alicia, Mama Dweeb, Marni’s Organized Mess, Mommy Paradise, Better in Bulk, Verena’s Schoene Welt, Ein Bisschen Haushalt, and Pinke Post!

Erika @NAMAmmaSTE August 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I also hope you are getting the love and support you need. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Erika @NAMAmmaSTE August 24, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Yum, that food makes me want to jump on a plane to Germany. It also brings back childhood memories from time spent with my Omama and Opapa.

Stasha August 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Thinking of you.
And missing breakfasts from Europe. Have some Birchen musli.

Polish Mama on the Prairie August 24, 2011 at 9:14 AM

The food looks delicious, like what my family eats.

I’m sorry what you are going through. We’ve never met but I’m sending you hugs anyway and prayers that it somehow gets a bit easier to “carry”.

Katie @Pinke Post August 24, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Despite the hard circumstances I’m happy to see you enjoying your home country’s fabulous food and seeing you smile. Hang in there!

Mommying On The Fly August 24, 2011 at 6:58 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks delicious.. (=

Verena August 24, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Apfelstrudel mit Eis, wie lecker! ;) Das Foto mit Deinem Mann und Dir vor den Bremer Stadtmusikanten ist so schön! Schön, dass er in dieser traurigen Situation bei Dir ist und Dich stärkt! Ich denke jetzt ganz besonders an Dich und wünsche Dir viel Kraft!
Liebe Grüße und Umarmungen,
Verena

Jennifer August 24, 2011 at 1:14 AM

My heart still aches for you. I hope being with the rest of your family is bringing you some comfort! (((HUGS)))

Cristi Comes August 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM

I’m really sorry about the loss of your Dad Dagmar. I hope you’re doing ok, and finding some comfort with your family in Germany. xo

Gidget August 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Praying for your peace.

Gidget @ Homeschooling Unscripted
Recent Post: Books Your Kids Will Love: http://bit.ly/nSG9W9

Tricia August 23, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Sending Prayers Your Way!

Tabitha Blue August 23, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Well… I have to say, that food looks delicious!!

Christine @ Why We Love Green August 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Ich will auch in Deutschland Fruehstuecken! But I also wanted to say that I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad you can be there to help your mother during this time. It must mean so much to her.

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud August 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Everything looks yummy, Dagmar. I’ve been thinking about you over the past few days. I’ve been meaning to email you. Hope you’re finding reasons to smile while you’re home, despite the sad reason for your return. Take care!

Rachel August 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Oh yum!!! Love German Food! Love Brötchen at breakfast and I love Apfel Kuchen, some of my favorites:)