My BlogHer 2011 sponsor is SwaddleDesigns and I will be representing them August 4 till 7 in San Diego.
SwaddleDesigns makes beautiful, practical swaddling blankets, burp cloths and bibs, baby apparel, baby bedding, wearable blankets for adults, and much more.
The majority of their products are sewn in Seattle, WA, and they even offer a certified organic cotton collection. SwaddleDesigns uses many domestic fabrics, sustainable fibers, recycled fibers, and recyclable packaging.
Lynette Damir, RN, CEO and Creative Director, founded SwaddleDesigns in 2002 with her husband, Jeff. The inspiration for SwaddleDesigns was sparked when Lynette visited families with new babies in their homes and she noticed them struggle with swaddling for two reasons:
- the blanket they were using was too small or too thick
- they could not remember how to make a good secure swaddle
She develop Ultimate Swaddling Blanket®, which is known for its premium quality fabric, decorative edge, and the innovative 123 Swaddle® instructional label that helps new parents master the art of swaddling. I had two of them for Landon when he was a baby and swaddled him for a long time — he loved it!
the exclusive SwaddleDesigns Ultimate Receiving Blanket – Kiwi Paisleys.
How pretty is that design?!
I had a long talk with Lynette and learned how passionate she is about helping parents soothe their babies and making sure they swaddle their baby correctly and keep them safe.
Both overheating AND overchilling are risk factors for SIDS as published in the International Journal of Epidemiology. So Lynette devised the Goldilocks Guide, which helps parents remember the importance of Temperature Awareness.
Baby should be dressed appropriately for the current temperature of their environment — not too hot, not too cold, but comfortably warm. SwaddleDesign offers swaddling blankets to do just that.
Learn more about the Goldilocks Guide to make sure your baby sleeps safely.
Swaddle Design is giving away one of their fabulous SwaddleDuos!
- a Cotton Openweave Marquisette Swaddling Blanket®
- a Cotton Flannel Ultimate Receiving Blanket®
With the SwaddleDuo, new parents will be prepared for a variety of environmental temperatures and keep baby comfortably warm, which is important as parents strive to create a safe sleep environment for baby to sleep, thrive and grow.
How you can win the SwaddleDuo:
- Visit SwaddleDesigns.com and leave a comment on this post about your favorite SwaddleDesigns product.
- Follow SwaddleDesigns on Twitter (@SwaddleDesigns) and tweet about your favorite @SwaddleDesigns print or product. Leave another comment with the link.
- Become a SwaddleDesigns Facebook fan and state your favorite SwaddleDesigns print or product. Facebook fans get the inside scoop, previews of new collections, and fan discounts! Leave another comment with the link.
- Subscribe to Dagmar’s momsense updates (top of sidebar) and leave a comment that you did. (I will never share my readers’ address).
- Add yourself to my Google Friend Connect widget (sidebar)
This giveaway ends Sunday, July 31, 2011 at 10:00 pm. The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents only, sorry. I’m not responsible for incomplete or incorrect entries.