My Dream Home: 10 Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Style

by Dagmar Bleasdale on June 9, 2011

My Dream Home time! This week, I thought I’d share some decorating tips I love for porches.

I hope you have a porch, or maybe a patio, so you can incorporate some of these ideas!

I love everything on this porch: the blue chairs, the table, and the dog.

{source}

I’m not crazy about the table legs, but I like the use of fun colors on this porch, and the planter is interesting.

{source}

Simple cottage-style porch:

{source}

It’s great to have storage on the porch, especially if you don’t have a mud room. And why not decorate your porch with pictures? It’s covered, so nothing is going to happen to them. And that has to be my favorite house color.

{source}

My favorite! That table is a dream.

{source}

How cute is this setup? Looks like it’s waiting for a little girl’s birthday party. I’m on the lookout for a cute little bench just like that.

Here is a simple, frugal, and easy project: take old chairs — they don’t even have to match — and spray paint them each a different color. It’s interesting to look at and will serves a practical purpose.

{source}

This isn’t my taste, but maybe it’s yours?

{source}

Light and airy and happy. And there is that house color again. My dream porch would have an outdoor rug like this. And how clever are those curtains? I’d use shower curtain liners that can take the rain…

{source}

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a big porch like this? Oh, the possibilities! I would definitely add a lot of planters.

{source}

I’ll leave you with this one: I’m at a loss for words — how romantic is this?

{source}

Which one is your favorite?

Paige April 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Dagmar Bleasdale April 26, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Hi Paige, yes, please let me know where you used that, send me the link. Thanks!

Jennifer January 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

A new Linky Party is in town. Welcome to Design Decor Tuesday — where design divas can share their latest design/decorating looks, tips and ideas and see what others are creating. And be sure to sign up for a reminder of when the next linky party is live ?

Kelly - Talk of the House October 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

These are all beautiful! I thought I liked the one with the green walls the best as I was going through them, but when I got to that last gorgeous one I knew it was the one. It was romantic and quietly peaceful. Thank you for reading my post on the rustic porches. I think you might actually like this porch post better: http://www.talkofthehouse.com/pretty-porches/ Have a wonderful weekend!
Kelly

Dagmar Bleasdale October 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hi Kelly, thanks for your comment! Yes, I love that post as well. My favorite: the one with the blue ceiling.

Stacey October 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I don’t know how I’m going to pick a theme for my porch because I am in love with all these ideas! Maybe I’ll just see what affordable outdoor furniture I can find and go from there. All the pics make me want to redecorate for every season as well. So inspiring, thanks!