My Dream Home: 10 Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Style

by Dagmar Bleasdale on June 9, 2011

My Dream Home time! This week, I thought I’d share some decorating tips I love for porches.

I hope you have a porch, or maybe a patio, so you can incorporate some of these ideas!

I love everything on this porch: the blue chairs, the table, and the dog.

{source}

I’m not crazy about the table legs, but I like the use of fun colors on this porch, and the planter is interesting.

{source}

Simple cottage-style porch:

{source}

It’s great to have storage on the porch, especially if you don’t have a mud room. And why not decorate your porch with pictures? It’s covered, so nothing is going to happen to them. And that has to be my favorite house color.

{source}

My favorite! That table is a dream.

{source}

How cute is this setup? Looks like it’s waiting for a little girl’s birthday party. I’m on the lookout for a cute little bench just like that.

Here is a simple, frugal, and easy project: take old chairs — they don’t even have to match — and spray paint them each a different color. It’s interesting to look at and will serves a practical purpose.

{source}

This isn’t my taste, but maybe it’s yours?

{source}

Light and airy and happy. And there is that house color again. My dream porch would have an outdoor rug like this. And how clever are those curtains? I’d use shower curtain liners that can take the rain…

{source}

Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a big porch like this? Oh, the possibilities! I would definitely add a lot of planters.

{source}

I’ll leave you with this one: I’m at a loss for words — how romantic is this?

{source}

Which one is your favorite?

Like this? Then share it with a simple click!

Paige April 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I’ve gone ahead and included a hyperlink back to your internet site from one of my clientele requesting it. I have used your site URL: http://dagmarbleasdale.com/2011/06/my-dream-home-10-porch-decorating-ideas-for-every-style/ and blog title: My Dream Home: 10 Porch Decorating Ideas for Every Style to insure you get the correct anchor text. If you woud like to see where your link has been placed, please e mail me at: [email protected]. Thankyou

Dagmar Bleasdale April 26, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Hi Paige, yes, please let me know where you used that, send me the link. Thanks!

Jennifer January 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

A new Linky Party is in town. Welcome to Design Decor Tuesday — where design divas can share their latest design/decorating looks, tips and ideas and see what others are creating. And be sure to sign up for a reminder of when the next linky party is live ?

Kelly - Talk of the House October 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM

These are all beautiful! I thought I liked the one with the green walls the best as I was going through them, but when I got to that last gorgeous one I knew it was the one. It was romantic and quietly peaceful. Thank you for reading my post on the rustic porches. I think you might actually like this porch post better: http://www.talkofthehouse.com/pretty-porches/ Have a wonderful weekend!
Kelly

Dagmar Bleasdale October 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hi Kelly, thanks for your comment! Yes, I love that post as well. My favorite: the one with the blue ceiling.

Stacey October 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I don’t know how I’m going to pick a theme for my porch because I am in love with all these ideas! Maybe I’ll just see what affordable outdoor furniture I can find and go from there. All the pics make me want to redecorate for every season as well. So inspiring, thanks!

Krista Firmage July 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I LOVE these porch pictures! I am redoing our front porch next month and am like a kid in a candy shop right now with all the options there are out there. Thanks for sharing!

Dagmar July 31, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Wonderful, let me know what you decided on :)

Brandi June 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM

The hubby, @BrandonPDuncan just shared this with me. I’ll definitely be checking out all of your other “dream home’ posts.

He may regret sharing after I check them out though ;)

Dagmar June 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Oh, I love it! Brandon is a wonderful Twitter friend — I’m so glad he turned you on to my blog! And yes, he might regret doing so LOL

Kim Gonzales June 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM

What a GREAT post this is! I think #3 the Cottage Style is the best! This made me miss my porch from my other house. We have a nice big backyard now, but a tiny little porch in the front. I think the next house will have a big porch and I’ll refer to this posting for ideas! THANK YOU.

Kim

Shop with Me Mama (Kim) June 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE them all! Wow. But, the second to the last one is my favorite! LOVE BIG porches like that!!

Brynna June 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM

LOVE that big long white porch!!! It would look great on my quaint little homesteader house (in my imagination)!! ;)

Calley June 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Pure love! I really am loving this series! Now if only I was talented enough to make all my rooms this pretty! Our patio/lanai is so shabby but certainly not chic!

PragmaticMom June 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I really like the look of curtins on the porch but wonder if this is asking for trouble. It must be hard to keep them clean?