My Dream Home: Laundry Room Design On a Budget

by Dagmar Bleasdale on May 25, 2011

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

It’s time to reveal some beautiful laundry room decorating ideas in my “My Dream Home” series!

Laundry Room Design On a Budget

All of these laundry room designs can be achieved even on a budget — all it takes is a can of paint or cool wallpaper, baskets and shelves for clever storage, colorful fabric, and some imagination.

Simply add a map to the wall and velcro a fabric scrap to the sink for extra storage space:

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

This room shows how much you can do with a little space: add a top to the washing machine for extra space.

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

I opted for front loading machines for our laundry “closet” for this exact reason: I wanted the space on the top of the machines for folding and storage. I also hung our ironing board on the wall, and Don installed shelves above the machines.

I love the color in this laundry room. A can of paint doesn’t cost much and is an easy way to update a room.

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

I like the extra storage that was designed next to the washing machine and dryer here.

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Let’s talk wallpaper! I love the idea of temporary wallpaper, which comes in handy especially in apartments and rented homes. You don’t even have to wallpaper the whole room — just wallpaper one accent wall, or just use one stripe!

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Now, I don’t think those lamps are practical in a small laundry room like this, but I like the bold accent wall and the tile wall. Get a professional to drill the holes for the floating shelves into the tiles, though :)

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Oh, I love the extra storage in this laundry room design and the use of different metal baskets!

Laundry Room Design On a Budget, DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Which one of these fab laundry rooms is your favorite?

Kelly McKnight (Mothers Organic) April 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE these laundry rooms. Since our laundry (Washer & Dryer) is in our garage it’s hard to make a separate space and design something beautiful like this. I wish I could find some designs for a laundry space in the garage ;)

Dagmar Bleasdale April 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Hi Kelly! I’ll look out for that the next time I’m on Pinterest. :)

Diane November 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM

My favorite is the one with the dark wood shelf above and the plant. It looks so nice and cheery. I’d be happy with any of them though. My wash is in the basement.

ThisLife November 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Now that I’m a mom, I would LOVE to have any of those laundry rooms! Sigh…

Micki @addhousewife July 28, 2011 at 3:30 AM

I love the one with the green walls. It takes me to my happy place! I have a converted porch as a laundry room. It is SUPER tiny. I can’t open the backdoor without hitting the dryer.

Rachel June 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM

My favorite is the first one-it feels so restful, even though doing laundry is far from peaceful!

But for me, my most important feature is–an extra washer! With 7 kids, the laundry in our house never stops. Perhaps I’d never get around to folding it, but at least it would all be clean!

Simplegirl May 31, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I like the blue and white, plenty of space and crisp. Thanks for sharing.

Terri May 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM

They are all absolutely beautiful, I especially love the first and third one.

Bizemom May 26, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I love, love, love these ideas –so creative and inspiring. It makes me want to take on a Memorial Day weekend project.

Thanks!
Richelle

Becky May 26, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I love the white and green one, that has the white counter tops and wood.

Momfever May 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I love the first one the best. I find these pictures really inspiring, and love the soft pastel colors. I’m going to be thinking of these when we move!

nicóle May 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Must I choose a favorite? They are all so lovely. Great post!

webly May 26, 2011 at 4:00 AM

I love #3 because it is perfect for small spaces and also everything is right there: the dirty laundry basket, ironing board and machines. I love the space for extra baskets on top shelves.

Naked Girl in a Dress May 26, 2011 at 1:12 AM

The 4th one is my favorite. It is beautiful!

scrappysue May 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM

*sigh* – #4 – but surely laundry’s aren’t meant to be that pretty!!!

Pragmatic Mom May 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I have such a gross basement laundry room that I dream about rooms like these. Thank you for the inspiration!

Cara R. May 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Love the one with the mint green walls and the white cabinets/woodwork. So fresh!

Verena May 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Oh they look nice! My favourite is 4, 5 and 7. :o)
Danke für die Inspiration! Now, I know how I want my Laundry room to be.

Danke für Deinen netten Kommentar! Wie schön, dass Ihr zwei bald nach Bremen fahren könnt. L. ist bestimmt schon aufgeregt. Bremen ist so schön. Eine liebe Freundin wohnt dort und wir waren einmal dort.

Liebe Grüße,
Verena

Emily @ Zweber Farms News May 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Ohh how can I choose! Love them all!! My country roots say the first one or the one with yellow walls. I love the airy/sunny feel of them all.

Patty May 25, 2011 at 4:42 PM

The third from the top is definitely my favorite!

Kelly Stone May 25, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Now I must redo and add fresh flowers and chandeliers as a beginning.
Too difficult to choose a fave; but many elements to pull out from each picture.

Great examples Dagmar!

– Kelly

Pandora Poikilos May 25, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Hi! Your blog has been tagged as “Blog of the Week” from 25 May to 1 June. Do keep your great posts coming!
Cheers – Dora

kelly @kellynaturally May 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM

The light green/blue mudroom with the bouquet of flowers on the dryer… what a lovely space!
Our washer/dryer are in our crowded & dark basement. Meh.

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud May 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I love that first laundry room. So pretty and so full of light. My laundry room is dark and boring. Nothing pretty about it at all. :(