I haven’t covered what my bedroom would look like in My Dream Home series, so here you go — seven decorating elements I would love to have in my dream bedroom:
1. A fun headboard — this brick wall is so pretty, there is no need for another headboard. I also love the little side table lamps.
2. A bench or ottoman at the foot of the bed — this is a must for storage or being able to throw my clothes on.
3. A chandelier — I love this chandelier but I wouldn’t want it hanging right on top of me. I’d hang it in the middle of the room, away from the bed, or over a side table off to the side.
4. A fireplace — I don’t know how practical it actually is to have a working fireplace in the bedroom, especially if it is all-white, but my Jane Austen mind loves the romantic idea of it.
5. Lots and lots of light — and a cute chair next to the bed wouldn’t hurt either. Here is the bench idea again, plus a great use of art work above the headboard.
6. Plenty of storage space — for books and more at arm’s reach.
7. Something interesting over the headboard — this is another space you can have so much fun with. Add one large painting, add several pictures, add a shelf you can change up all the time…
What can you not live without in your bedroom? What would you like to add?