Fight For Your Child’s Health by Avoiding Everyday Toxins

by Dagmar Bleasdale on May 7, 2011

I’m proud to be part of the Healthy Child Healthy World {HealthyChild.org} blogger network. I’m passionate about avoiding toxins in our home and educating other people — not just parents — about how important it is to keep toxic products out of our lives.

HealthyChild.org is doing a fantastic job doing the same thing on a much bigger scale, with research to back up their findings.

Most of the time people are just not aware how many toxins their children are exposed to in their everyday life.

I just found this video on the HealthyChild.org site and want to share it with you. Watch it to become more aware of the dangers — and remember that education is power and that making small changes in our homes has a huge impact on our children’s health.

Things have change, there are so many more chemicals around us — in our body lotions and candles and hundreds of other products. Check out HealthyChild.org and poke around; it is amazing what you will learn.

Another great resource I always tell people about is the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep’s Cosmetics Database. It tells you how toxic all the sunscreens, skincare products, fragrances, and oral care products you might have at home really are and lets you make educated decisions in the future.

Empower yourself with knowledge and make educated decisions for the health of your children and the world.

Lets all send a message to manufacturers by refusing to buy products with toxic ingredients  — only then will companies go back to basics and make natural, organic, non-toxic products.

Like this? Then share it with a simple click!

Cancer Survival Site March 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Thanks for sharing to great information. I had know idea how dangerous some of them could potentially be. This is information will going to help child and their future in many ways to help us all to make informed decisions on how to live a more healthier lifestyle.

Bone Cancer Causes August 23, 2011 at 5:26 AM

I think this all start because we are not stick to natural things any more. We want to be more advanced hence use products which are toxic in nature. Be it cosmetic, be it eatable. Great network of blogs. It will going to help child and their future in many ways. Congrats!

Bone Cancer Prognosis May 8, 2011 at 6:35 AM

The pollution around the world has increased by leaps and bounds which makes it really difficult to prevent our child from toxins but proper care should be taken while buying toys and various products for babies and people should cross check it whether it has toxins or not.

annette christy at chikii.com.au May 8, 2011 at 3:05 AM

great post and video. i am very passionate about sharing valuable information on natural,organic beauty products and offering advise and providing resources to help us all to make informed decisions on how to live a more healthier lifestyle.

Kristin May 7, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I recently did a total overhaul of our sunscreen stock! I had know idea how dangerous some of them could potentially be!

Danika @ Your Organic Life May 7, 2011 at 4:47 AM

One other thing to look for is certified organic when possible. When products are certified organic they are certified to food-grade standards and synthetic chemicals, GMOs, pesticides, etc aren’t allowed in them.

I have seen many all natural brands that use ingredients that are genetically modified. I like the Cosmetics Database, but this is one thing they don’t track, so unless you know that ingredients like xanthan gum, citric acid, etc are created from corn you aren’t going to know they are genetically modified.

It’s such a same that we have to be chemists to protect our families. But once you start to learn what to look for it becomes much easier.

Dagmar May 7, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Thanks for all that info, I didn’t know that about the xanthan gum and citric acid. I need you to write a guest post for me :)