My Dream Home: Creative and Frugal Storage Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on March 26, 2011

I love to organize and I love to find frugal ways to decorate my home.

Like these ideas?

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

Do you have a furniture piece that you love that didn’t cost you much?

Like this? Then share it with a simple click!

Andrea April 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I love these ideas and I see some that i can definitely incorporate in my apartment. :-)

Megan March 29, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Okay, those are all such great ideas!! My favorite frugal storage item is my kitchen cupboard that cost $15 at a yard sale. It is SO sturdy, it holds all my glasses and mugs, and thereby frees up an entire cabinet of regular storage. In a small kitchen that’s a must. And, it’s so cute! http://simplelittlekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/gratituesday-my-happy-place.html

Maureen March 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I love all the furniture!
I am following you from the hop…please stop by and say hi Areyouamom.com
Thanks,
Maureen

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud March 29, 2011 at 4:44 AM

I love the awesome way they repurposed old pallets. So cool! And the guitar holding the books? I love it!

Michelle-Nicholle (sunflowerdoula) March 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I really love these ideas. I am inspired to re-use found objects in my home to keep it organized. I am definitely going to go searching for some funnels. My gardening twine always gets tangled or the kids get to it and use it for all kinds of imaginary escapades.

-dweej March 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM

We bought our oval shaped pedestal dining room table and 6 chairs off of craigslist for only $75. It has a removable center leaf and is just perfect for our family. I love finding a bargain!

Dagmar March 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM

That’s so funny, I just bought my favorite new furniture piece, an oval table with a removable leaf as well, at a local Habitat Restore for $100. I’m going to blog about it soon; already took the pictures.

Cheryl @ Swap Savers March 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

It is not furniture but what I reuse for storage is the plastic take-out containers that have a cover. I put my kids crayons, markers and pencils and stack them.

Kortney March 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I love the rustic kitchen with the tree standing in there! It reminds me of my grannies house. She had one standing in the corner of her living room and that’s what the guys hung their hats on! {good memories!}

Anyway, thanks so much for following me at my blog Kortney’s Krazy Life! I’m following you back now! Have a great evening!
~Kortney

Sharon at Momof6 March 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Ooooo… I completely LOVE the firewood and kindling piece! I think I need that! Thanks for sharing!
My favorite (free) furniture are the old tables that were left in our basement by the previous owner. Hubby stripped them, glued them where needed, and re-finished them and they are beautiful. My other favorite free pieces (although not quite the same idea) are the Pottery Barn bunk beds we purchased using American Express rewards points! They ended up being (mostly) free, and we earned the points by all of the charges we put on our cards over the years buying things we need like groceries, and paying the entire bill each month. Now that’s how I like to use credit! :)

Hannah March 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Wow! Very creative! You definitely have a second calling…

Love the bookshelf made from wooden crates.

Kristen March 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Oh my goodness, I love all of these ideas! Especially the guitar case bookshelf (though I’m too in love with my guitar cases to use them for anything other than housing my guitars :-)).

My favorite piece of furniture that didn’t cost me much (well, anything) is my make-up table. It was my dad’s desk all through medical school 40 years ago. I need to replace a couple of the drawer pulls, but it is still absolutely charming, and sentimental at that.

divasupermum March 27, 2011 at 5:26 AM

i loved some of your ideas, i have used some of the ideas years ago in my first home ,i still like to use items i find around the house or garden.

Alexia March 27, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Such cool ideas! Love the mug ‘tree’ in that kitchen. Very interesting. And the guitar case book shelf. I’m making that one for sure!

Alexia March 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM

P.S. My favorite cheap piece of furniture was actually free. It’s an old steamer truck I found in the basement of a flat I used to live in. The landlord said it belonged to an old tenant who was a ballet dancer. It’s covered in stencils and stickers from different dance companies and voyages. Currently using it to store linens and act as a window seat in my daughters room.