First Radio Interview and the Question That Made Me Cry

by Dagmar Bleasdale on March 1, 2011

Kelly McCausey from Work at Home Moms Talk Radio contacted me and asked if I would be interested in being interviewed for one of her shows. My first radio show? Heck ya!

A novelist is using my name for one of her characters in her new novel, I just had my one second of fame (literally) on national TV thanks to the wonderful Beth Feldman from Role Mommy on the CBS show “The Talk”

…and now my first radio appearance. I’m on a roll.

I was exited. I was prepared. I was… not expecting to cry. Oops!

At first I was ready to ask Kelly to erase the whole interview, I was a bit embarrassed, but seconds later I thought, “”Just embrace it.” I have nothing to be ashamed of and it’s not the end of the world.

Want to find out which question made me cry? If you know me well, you know already :)

Kelly and I discussed everything from tonsillectomy, blogging, being a mom working from home, marketing, breastfeeding, monetizing a blog, Twitter, affiliate advertising, to David Mathison (who wrote the must-have Be The Media) who has made me the social media maven I am today. The interview was a lot of fun and I thank Kelly for the opportunity.

Let me know what you think of the interview.

Angela (Toucan Scraps) March 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM

congrats, I’ll listen to it later.

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud March 8, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Shut. up. They totally gave you a “follow @DagmarBleasdale shout out”. Too cool! :)
You are seriously on fire lately, Dagmar! I’m so, so happy for you. You work so hard and you really deserve it! :)

Cheryl @ Swap Savers March 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Wow congrats on both the mention on The Talk and the radio interview!

Dawn March 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Finally finished listening to are amazing..don’t ever stop helping women..I was a mess once with a newborn and no idea how to do this most natural thing- breastfeeding..scared, engorged, wondering how this was not working..I found a woman like you and she worked with me through the tears, meltdowns, and frustration- and because of her both my children were breastfed for almost a year each and I benefited from all those hours of one on one special time with my babies….I encourage every mom I know to give it a try and stick with it..and ask for help if you feel you can’t do it..from women like yourself!! You ladies are angels! Hugs-

Dawn March 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Saw you on the TALK and thought- hey I know her…(in the Twitter sense of KNOW) LOL so glad you are on a roll- sorry u cried…

Verena March 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

How exciting!!! Congratulations Dagmar!

Lily March 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM

How cool!! Wait, you have a 20 year old son?? HOW?

Sarah at the Stroller Ballet March 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM

How fabulous! Going to listen right now :)

Julia March 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Getting ready to listen to it now! I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kelly March 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I’m glad you were so willing to just be yourself and I love that you’re so passionate about what you do to help other moms. You are an inspiration!

David March 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Great job, Dagmar! So happy for you that the TV show The Talk mentioned @DagmarBleasdale on #FF #FollowFriday! That is GREAT.

Thanks for mentioning me and @BeTheMedia during your radio interview. Don’t worry about getting emotional on the air, it actually personalizes and humanizes you.

Just don’t do it too much (like Glenn Beck and John Boehner), and you’ll be fine :-)

Dagmar March 1, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Thanks, David, you are the best.