My Dream Home: 12 Creative Home Office Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on February 22, 2011

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com

When I post My Dream Home posts, they are always a great hit, and I have a lot of fun putting them together.

Today I’m showing you some of my favorite home offices I found on Pinterest!

Do you work from home like me?

My office is still not set up the way I would ideally have it look — it’s always a work in progress.

Here are my 12 favorite creative ideas for home office spaces.

Creative Home Office Ideas

As you know, I’m drawn to shabby chic, so I really like this office.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Cute home office solution for two:

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

I love the use of green accents in this office.

home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

This office is a little too New York City chic for my taste, but I love the chandelier, the chair, and the rug.

home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

What a great way to use extra space!

home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com {source}

How cute is this: an office in a closet.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Have some extra shutters lying around? Now you know what to use them for:

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

I love everything about this office: the clever use of space, the little lamp, the art work, and the wall color.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Don’t be afraid of color. Paint doesn’t cost much and can be changed so easily. I’m a big fan of accent colors and accent walls. Don’t want to paint? Use removable wall decals or paint sheets of plywood and fasten them to the wall.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Need inspiration? All those pictures should help.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

Plants always make such a difference — don’t forget to add them to your office.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com{source}

I don’t even have words.

creative home office ideas. DagmarBleasdale.com {source}

How can you not be inspired to work in these offices, right?

Which one of these home office ideas is your favorite?

Vickie@Vickie's Kitchen and Garden May 18, 2015 at 3:12 PM

I believe I could find a little idea in each one for my office. The tree house might be a little hard to get to though. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty

Mila May 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Tree house rocks! :)

xx
Mila

Jody @easypeasymom May 16, 2015 at 8:07 PM

I love all of them! Now I really want to redecorate! Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from the Party Bunch link party

Cheryl May 15, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Beautiful spaces!! No matter how much I try I can’t make my room look like these, lol.

Dagmar Bleasdale May 17, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Me neither, not yet :)

Susan - ofeverymoment May 13, 2015 at 11:05 AM

This is very inspiring. My favorite place to work is the living room couch – but an office space is really much more productive! I might just day-dream in the tree house one though. Visiting from the #wonderfulWednesdayBlogHop

Sinea Pies May 12, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Oh I love pretty offices.

Dagmar Bleasdale May 13, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Me, too! Mine still doesn’t look like any one of these :)

Stephania June 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but
after checking through some of the post I realized it’s
new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back
frequently!

Deangelo May 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
facebook group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.

Please let me know. Cheers

Dagmar Bleasdale May 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Sure, share away, thanks for asking!

blog.com May 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I’m really enjoying the design and layout
of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it
much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more
often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Superb work!

Dagmar Bleasdale May 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I designed it all myself. I’m not a coder, but I don’t have to with my theme, which is the Thesis theme.

Maddeningbeach873.Jigsy.Com April 26, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet
my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this
for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some
experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Dagmar Bleasdale April 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I don’t use a widget like that right now and would just google “Twitter updates widget.”

Jensen February 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM

We took an extra bedroom to turn into an office for my husband. The result is messy, cluttered and ugly, and those are the good points. We need shelves and ideas. He loves the color blue and model cars. Could you help me?

Dagmar Bleasdale February 8, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi Jensen, are you on Pinterest? Check out my boards for offices and organizing, plus search for those terms. http://pinterest.com/dagmar/office/ Good luck!

Angie Nelson October 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I so love the first one as well. What a cute space!

Margie Smith July 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hi…I am struggling with office space/privacy in my home. My husband and I both work. His for a corporation, and I as publishing consultant. At that time we purchased two desk and created an office in spare room with him spending 70% traveling which gave me freedom to make calls and work my business, until he got laid off. Three months later he started a new job and we are grateful for that, but is home 95% now. Therefore, makes it hard to be on the phone at same time, so I get up and leave room. I have been using the guest room so my husband was thinking of moving my big spacious office desk in that room…No way!! I don’t want our entire house looking like an office, so I’ve got to come up with some creative ways to make the guest room functional but not look like an office so I started browsing and came across your blog. The tree house would be ideal for the hubby it’s better than a dog house…LOL. No I really would like a shabby chic kind of room. I love the corner group one. Thank you for sharing I have some ideas that may work with what I have. In the meantime, if you are looking for ways to solve your picture problem digitally. Visit my website.

MaryM March 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I love the ideas but just one thing is missing: the storage for the tons of stuff one has to have to work in a home office. I have five areas I need organization for, and I need ideas on how to efficiently arrange such areas. Where are the filing cabinets, the book shelves (who has room for all those ‘pretty things’ in an actual office?), etc, and all the other debris that is necessary?? In other words, your pictures are inspiration for some aspects, but lacking in others. Do you have more that are more functional? Don’t get me wrong: I loved looking at them and getting some ideas, but I really would love guidance for a truly functional, well arranged space. Thanks!!

BusyWorkingMama January 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Dream bath!!! We’re on a huge re-decorating kick. Our main living level is all open and we’re playing musical-furniture during the weekends trying to figure out a good setup.

Daca November 5, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Oh no, I had a similar topic for my next post. Now I need to find some other idea… Not so sorry for that, you’ve done a wonderful job (mine would not look this good ). :)
Great choice and great pictures, as usual.
Numbers two and eight are my top choices. I like them a lot.

robyn March 25, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Hey Dagmar! I LOVE this collection of offices you’ve compiled. I really like the 8th one down. That’s probably because it’s in my family room! LOL This little area bumps out 3 ft. into our garage so it didn’t take much space but it’s very efficient and cozy!

Prudence Charlz March 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi Dagmar,

This is definitely a good entry. It took me hours before I finally located this once again. I really wanted to feature this in my blog and had put it in my lineup, however, I forgot where I kept your URL. But now I’m glad, it’s mission accomplished for me.

Lily February 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM

This is a fantastic post! I am so inspired by the images you posted! I especially like the one that is built in with the cozy seat next to it. It would be amazing to incorporate that into our home someday! And the one that is a book case with mini desks on each side?! Brilliant! And, of course, the closet office! I can’t wait to use these ideas. A great way to save a “bedroom” and be able to incorporate little workspaces into the main part of a house. LOVE IT.

Lets see the dream bathroom next!!!

Kat February 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I loved reading this. I have recently gone nuts in my obsession of home design, etc (guessing because we are in the midst of building a home again!) and LOVE looking at other people’s likes/dislikes. I would say that you and I have different tastes in styles we gravitate towards, but I love looking!!

Annie @ Mama Dweeb February 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I love those! Thank you for the inspirational photos! I have a cutesy little desk my grandpa gave to me when I was in middle school. I was going to put it in storage and spend quite a bit of money on a new desk but after looking at these pictures I think I want to repaint this thing and make it my own lovely little workspace! I am getting excited about what is in store, gonna be fun! I’m thinking grey and lavender…..yay!

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud February 23, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Is it crazy that I want each and every one of those offices? They’re all gorgeous! Missed stopping by lately. I’ve had an out-of-town guest visiting so I’ve had to cut back on the blog visits, but as soon as she leaves I’ll be back around again. Have a great day Dagmar!

Sydney February 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I love the office in the closet! That’s a super cute and original idea (to me, at least!) The treehouse one is pretty awesome too! I want to see your Dream Kid’s Room pictures!

Katie February 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I have a disaster of a home office! This was such great inspiration for me. I’m going to print off a few pictures and get to work soon. Thanks for sharing! I’d love to see kids bedrooms.
Katie

Julie February 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I just created a sewing nook in a closet similar to that office in a closet pic! The difference, the closet came with bifold doors so there isn’t extra space to hang supplies (great idea though!) I repurposed some wire drawer units and two shelves as a desktop!

thanks for the inspirational pics!

Odie Langley February 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Let’s see what you would do for Landon’s room.