My Dream Home: 12 Creative Home Office Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on February 22, 2011

12 creative home office ideas by DagmarBleasdale.comWhen I post My Dream Home posts, they are always a great hit, and I have a lot of fun putting them together.

It was hard to narrow down the pictures, but here are my 12 favorite creative ideas for home office spaces.

As you know, I’m drawn to shabby chic, so I really like this office.

{source}

Cute home office solution for two:

{source}

I love the use of green accents in this office.

{source}

This office is a little too New York City chic for my taste, but I love the chandelier, the chair, and the rug.

{source}

What a great way to use extra space!

{source}

How cute is this: an office in a closet.

{source}

Have some extra shutters lying around? Now you know what to use them for:

{source}

Love everything of this idea: the lamp, the art work, the wall color.

{source}

Don’t be afraid of color. Paint doesn’t cost much and can be changed so easily. I’m a big fan of accent colors and accent walls.

{source}

Need inspiration? All those pictures should help.

{source}

Plants always make such a difference — don’t forget to add them to your office.

{source}

I don’t even have words.

{source}

Which one of these home offices is your favorite?

Like this? Then share it with a simple click!

www.experienceproject.com April 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM

This is a topic that’s close to my heart…
Many thanks! Where are your contact details though?

Http://Receptivequack140.Jigsy.Com April 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

I seriously love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme.
Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my very own blog and want
to find out where you got this from or exactly what the
theme is named. Kudos!

romantic love April 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot.
I am hoping to offer something back and help others like you aided me.

http://knowingcle929.livejournal.com April 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM

I visit everyday some sites and websites to read content,
except this webpage offers quality based writing.

kitchendesign90.newsvine.com February 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked
hard on. Any recommendations?

meemi.com January 20, 2014 at 4:42 AM

Great website. A lot of helpful information here. I’m sending
it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious.

And naturally, thanks for your effort!

http://Www.discountdownloadsoftware.com December 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Whhen selecting keywords, keep SEO in your mind bby selecting terms
which might bee aptt to geet entered being a search term too finnd this
content, blog entry or website. A SEO business is never closed, althhough
I checked my email yesterday evening at 2:00am, there are
still overr 30 brand new ones (not including spam. Not way bback when I did content writing
to have an SEO company that claimed they unlocked the secret to internet search engine optimization.

home alarm systems sydney July 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

The CCTVs are being considered by the government for use in residential societies and colonies to keep a
tab on crimes and local crooks that undertake them. t matter how happy the
staff and the business ethic is, a small theft in the company can bring down
the graphs of the company. Choosing a space is of utmost importance if security is very
crucial to you.

http://BLOOMFIELDLIVESTOCKMARKET.COM July 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation?
My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any solutions to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d really appreciate it.

Wilhemina July 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Can I just say what a relief to find an individual who genuinely understands what
they’re discussing on the internet. You definitely know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you aren’t more popular because
you most certainly have the gift.

trish nicholson April 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

just started my own group on facebook of DIY and Home Decorating. Need ideals. Have a good eye for decorating on a budget.

Josh March 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I’ve been surfing online greater than 3 hours nowadays, yet I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s lovely value enough for me.
In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you
did, the net can be much more useful than ever before.

Jensen February 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM

We took an extra bedroom to turn into an office for my husband. The result is messy, cluttered and ugly, and those are the good points. We need shelves and ideas. He loves the color blue and model cars. Could you help me?

Dagmar Bleasdale February 8, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi Jensen, are you on Pinterest? Check out my boards for offices and organizing, plus search for those terms. http://pinterest.com/dagmar/office/ Good luck!

Angie Nelson October 27, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I so love the first one as well. What a cute space!

Margie Smith July 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hi…I am struggling with office space/privacy in my home. My husband and I both work. His for a corporation, and I as publishing consultant. At that time we purchased two desk and created an office in spare room with him spending 70% traveling which gave me freedom to make calls and work my business, until he got laid off. Three months later he started a new job and we are grateful for that, but is home 95% now. Therefore, makes it hard to be on the phone at same time, so I get up and leave room. I have been using the guest room so my husband was thinking of moving my big spacious office desk in that room…No way!! I don’t want our entire house looking like an office, so I’ve got to come up with some creative ways to make the guest room functional but not look like an office so I started browsing and came across your blog. The tree house would be ideal for the hubby it’s better than a dog house…LOL. No I really would like a shabby chic kind of room. I love the corner group one. Thank you for sharing I have some ideas that may work with what I have. In the meantime, if you are looking for ways to solve your picture problem digitally. Visit my website.

Brad Esale May 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM

The thoughts and ideas that go into designing these rooms is inspiring and magnificent. Some people can translate their thoughts into tangible designs for their homes. The first picture showing the office really struck me, and I imagine it is great to work there surrounded by trees in a well-ventilated room. What came out from the pictures is that even if the space available is limited, you can still make optimal use of every square inch and make it practical and aesthetically pleasing at the same time. I really liked reading articles from your blog and hope that you continue submitting such quality content for mothers and people who love their home.

MaryM March 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I love the ideas but just one thing is missing: the storage for the tons of stuff one has to have to work in a home office. I have five areas I need organization for, and I need ideas on how to efficiently arrange such areas. Where are the filing cabinets, the book shelves (who has room for all those ‘pretty things’ in an actual office?), etc, and all the other debris that is necessary?? In other words, your pictures are inspiration for some aspects, but lacking in others. Do you have more that are more functional? Don’t get me wrong: I loved looking at them and getting some ideas, but I really would love guidance for a truly functional, well arranged space. Thanks!!

BusyWorkingMama January 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Dream bath!!! We’re on a huge re-decorating kick. Our main living level is all open and we’re playing musical-furniture during the weekends trying to figure out a good setup.

Daca November 5, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Oh no, I had a similar topic for my next post. Now I need to find some other idea… Not so sorry for that, you’ve done a wonderful job (mine would not look this good ). :)
Great choice and great pictures, as usual.
Numbers two and eight are my top choices. I like them a lot.

robyn March 25, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Hey Dagmar! I LOVE this collection of offices you’ve compiled. I really like the 8th one down. That’s probably because it’s in my family room! LOL This little area bumps out 3 ft. into our garage so it didn’t take much space but it’s very efficient and cozy!

Prudence Charlz March 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hi Dagmar,

This is definitely a good entry. It took me hours before I finally located this once again. I really wanted to feature this in my blog and had put it in my lineup, however, I forgot where I kept your URL. But now I’m glad, it’s mission accomplished for me.

Lily February 25, 2011 at 1:38 PM

This is a fantastic post! I am so inspired by the images you posted! I especially like the one that is built in with the cozy seat next to it. It would be amazing to incorporate that into our home someday! And the one that is a book case with mini desks on each side?! Brilliant! And, of course, the closet office! I can’t wait to use these ideas. A great way to save a “bedroom” and be able to incorporate little workspaces into the main part of a house. LOVE IT.

Lets see the dream bathroom next!!!

Kat February 24, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I loved reading this. I have recently gone nuts in my obsession of home design, etc (guessing because we are in the midst of building a home again!) and LOVE looking at other people’s likes/dislikes. I would say that you and I have different tastes in styles we gravitate towards, but I love looking!!

Annie @ Mama Dweeb February 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I love those! Thank you for the inspirational photos! I have a cutesy little desk my grandpa gave to me when I was in middle school. I was going to put it in storage and spend quite a bit of money on a new desk but after looking at these pictures I think I want to repaint this thing and make it my own lovely little workspace! I am getting excited about what is in store, gonna be fun! I’m thinking grey and lavender…..yay!

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud February 23, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Is it crazy that I want each and every one of those offices? They’re all gorgeous! Missed stopping by lately. I’ve had an out-of-town guest visiting so I’ve had to cut back on the blog visits, but as soon as she leaves I’ll be back around again. Have a great day Dagmar!

Sydney February 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I love the office in the closet! That’s a super cute and original idea (to me, at least!) The treehouse one is pretty awesome too! I want to see your Dream Kid’s Room pictures!

Katie February 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I have a disaster of a home office! This was such great inspiration for me. I’m going to print off a few pictures and get to work soon. Thanks for sharing! I’d love to see kids bedrooms.
Katie

Julie February 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I just created a sewing nook in a closet similar to that office in a closet pic! The difference, the closet came with bifold doors so there isn’t extra space to hang supplies (great idea though!) I repurposed some wire drawer units and two shelves as a desktop!

thanks for the inspirational pics!

Odie Langley February 22, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Let’s see what you would do for Landon’s room.