Women Who Empower Features Dagmar Bleasdale

by Dagmar Bleasdale on January 7, 2011

The always eloquent and witty Kristi from Live and Love Out Loud started a new series on her blog called Women Who Empower.

She writes:

“Everyday women – like you and me – have the power to change our world one step at a time. Each month here at Live and Love Out Loud, I’ll be showcasing one woman who empowers others using her online presence….”

And she asked me to be the first women to be featured!

Here is the post: Women Who Empower: Dagmar Bleasdale

It’s an absolute honor to be chosen for this. I love Kristi’s blog and am in awe of all she does — she is a mother of four (breastfeeding toddler to teenager), I adore her writing because it is thought-provoking and makes you laugh, her photography is much better than mine, and she is my top commenter — she just left comment No. 50 on my blog! I don’t know where she finds the time.

I can’t wait to meet Kristi in person at BlogHer ’11 in San Diego so I can give her a big thank-you hug!

Wyletter January 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Congratulations Dagmar. I’m going over from Blog Frog. I like your blog.

Verena January 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Dagmar, congratulations on being featured at Kristi´s Blog. I´m so happy for you!
Have a wonderful week!
Hug´s,
Verena

Kathy Morelli January 8, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Congratulations, Dagmar! You are awesome! I am very proud, I follow your blog, your life. It is quite impressive and informative and FUN!

Suzanne C. January 7, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Congrats, Dagmar! What a fantastic honor!

Kristi {at} Live and Love Out...Loud January 7, 2011 at 4:49 PM

It’s the least I could do after all you’ve given me: support and encouragement through this sometimes rocky breastfeeding journey. The nursing injury was particularly rough, but I stuck through it thanks to your awesome tip to hand express. Little things like growth spurts, sleepless nights, nursing injuries and a lack of resources contributed to my breastfeeding failures the first 3 times around. But that’s changed, thanks to you!
I can’t wait to meet you in person, my friend. :)

Dagmar January 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Dear Kristi, you will never know how much these words mean to me. I’m so glad I was able to help; I had forgotten about your nursing injury. It is so rewarding to know that I was able to help you keep breastfeeding! Can’t wait to meet you and celebrate together at BlogHer :)

Lauren January 7, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Congrats! What a wonderful honor. I LOVE the picture of the two of you. It depicts such a tender moment.

kelly @kellynaturally January 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Congratulations on being featured, Dagmar.

I really appreciated this part of your post:

“And if you have that kind of positive, hopeful attitude, doors open and things fall into place. Life is too short to live by what we think other people expect from you.”

That really says it all.