Shabby Chic Kitchen Decor Ideas

by Dagmar Bleasdale on January 22, 2011

shabby chic kitchen decor

Oh, is there anything more lovely than a shabby chic kitchen?

When I got early access to Pinterest, a whole new world opened up for me.

Instead of ripping pages out of magazines, I now pin pictures of things that I love to my 200+ boards.

My shabby chic board grows with more ideas all the time. Here are several of the shabby chic kitchen pictures I have pinned to my board for inspiration.

Shabby Chic Kitchen Decor Ideas

My dream kitchen would look something like this. And yes, it would be this cluttered, because I have a lot of decorating items I love to display.

shabby chic kitchen{image}

I have a farmer’s sink in our Blue Cottage — it’s the one thing I insisted on in the whole house. Now I just need a chandelier in the kitchen to emulate this shabby chic kitchen!

I absolutely love that shelf idea above the window as well.

shabby chic kitchen{image}

Here is another stunning kitchen with a farm sink:

shabby chic kitchen{source}

I love this floor. I have a thing for painted wood floors.

shabby chic kitchen{image}

My parents had an antique store and were collectors of many things, and I definitely inherited that bug. I love vignettes of things, like this one of creamers and bowls on open shelves.

shabby chic kitchen{source}

shabby chic kitchen{source}

I adore this cozy breakfast area. I’m in the process of painting most of our chairs with white chalk paint to get this look. Shabby chic is just so comfy and inviting.

shabby chic kitchen{image}

Oh, a shabby chic kitchen needs pink ranunculus or roses in pretty vases. I actually owned these tea cups from England — I made them into candles and sold them in my Etsy store.

shabby chic kitchen{source}

I love the open shelving in this shabby chic kitchen.

shabby chic kitchen{source}

Do you like the shabby chic look? What’s your favorite decorating style?

Carissa Rasmussen January 8, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I love your style! I am such a sucker for painted wood floors as well!
You should join my link party, http://www.carissamiss.com/2015/01/outside-box-no-17.html
I love your stuff!

Dagmar Bleasdale January 12, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Thanks, Carissa!

Elaine January 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Love, Love, Love!! Hey I would love for you to share your stuff on my new link party that started today! Its called My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday! Here is the link http://www.cookinandcraftin.com/my-2-favorite-things-link-party-1/

Brittany January 7, 2015 at 10:56 AM

I absolutely love shabby chic! I think the reasons being it is really easy to create because pretty much you just scuff up things (kinds :-) and it’s all about repurposing and reusing. Two things I am all about! Thank you so much for the inspiration! I found this page over at Worthwhile Wednesdays and I am so excited to start following your blog!

Sharon - Her Organized Chaos January 7, 2015 at 12:05 AM

I LOVE shabby chic especially in a kitchen. I think it makes a small kitchen look big. We have thought of so many ideas for when we redo our kitchen I just keep coming back to shabby chic decor. Le sigh.

normaleverydaylife January 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Love these pictures. Very inviting! I’m always drawn to this kind of look, although I’ve been unable to replicate it in my house the way I’d like to! :)

The Home Boutique April 8, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Love all the pics in this blog, definitely my kind of style too!

Gena January 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog shine.
Please let me know where you got your design. Bless you

Tatyana February 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I just love that style! Amazing pictures!

Cheri July 14, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I am featuring you at http://www.decor2adoreable.com on 7-15-2012

Cheri

Dagmar July 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Where, I don’t see it :)

Linda Everett May 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I love the picture of your kitchen. I can’t wait to see your living room!

Ever So Cute January 24, 2012 at 4:53 AM

How amazing. Thank you for sending me this link. I love love love! One day I shall have a home like this myself…fingers crossed. Love & Peace x

Dagmar January 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

OMG, I could only hope to have such a cute kitchen one day. But I’m buying some of the elements already :)

Kate a.k.a. The Secret Goddess January 7, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Love these photos! I have a thing for white in a kitchen myself – except for this one vintage Pyrex bowl that is white w/ little red and orange partridges – it is center on my kitchen wall shelves and I so enjoy seeing it everyday <3

Kelly Clark December 30, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I just stumbled across your blog, I have seen the top two kitchen pic’s many times. I’m currently remodeling my kitchen, well more like destroying it really and I’m doing exactly that look! I’ve found some old cabinets and were heading out tomorrow on an 8 hour drive to pick up my farm sink. My kitchen is really really small too but that makes it all the more cozy. I hope you get your dream kitchen soon. The one good thing about the shabby chic look is its cheap to do!

Dagmar December 30, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Hi Kelly, wow, you must really love farm sinks: an 8-hour drive? Hope you also get to do some sightseeing :) I’m planning to buy mine from Ikea.

Shari Lynne November 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I love this kitchen too Dagmar!
Blessings!

Monique June 30, 2011 at 12:24 AM

It’s amazing how much nicer rooms look when they are *not* perfect… ;-)

Mary Jo @mainegirl5 April 3, 2011 at 11:54 AM

This is my style, but I like a little more natural wood in with the distressed white. If I could, I would live in a cottage or a camp. Isn’t that where we have some of our fondest memories?

STYLIZIMO March 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM

They all look so cosy.

Odie Langley January 24, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Great idea & beautiful pictures.

kelly @kellynaturally January 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Well right now, our kitchen isn’t big enough for a table… but one day! I LOVE the kitchen sink with the chandelier above.

Mama Syder January 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Love your blog…and your dream kitchen! Gorgeous! x

Verena January 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Beautiful kitchen! And you are right it looks very cozy!
Have a wonderful sunday!
Hug´s,
Verena

MaxiVelasco January 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Oh my! I love the kitchen! Our kitchen’s too small and I definitely need a lot more space for my baking. I wish to turn our kitchen to that on the photo.. now. I wish.

have a pretty day!

By the way, I am now following your blog. Hope we can exlinks, too.

maxi of http://www.ovahcoffee.com and http://www.thepastimeshelf.com