Ten days ago I got the idea to have a big thank-you giveaway to show my appreciation for my 10,000 Twitter followers.*
I reached out via Twitter and the response was overwhelming: 24 companies donated wonderful prizes worth over $1,100!
The power of social media never stops to amaze me and I’m already thinking about using this kind of success to help out a nonprofit or charity next time, like McKMama. She offered an iPad and asks for a small donation in return — and raised $30,000. Now that is just plain inspiring!
By now another 600 people have joined my Twitter followers — you guys amaze me and I can’t wait to say thanks.
This giveaway has grown so much that I decided to cut it into six parts so that more of you have a change to win:
1. For an expecting mom (~ $138)
- Belabumbum: Maternity/Nursing Dress ($74)
- Kathy Morelli’s BirthTouch Acupressure book ($12.95)
- Your Birth Bag: “Blessed Mommy” necklace ($26.50 and free shipping). You can go here for 5% off on her site!
- It’s a Preemie Thing: $25 certificate
2. For a new mom/breastfeeding mom (~ $250)
- Breastfeeding Arts: free, private IBCLC initial lactation consultation ($165)
- Bamboobies: multi-pack of 4 Bamboobies nursing pads ($30) and they are also offering coupon code “DB10K” for 20% off to any of my followers who don’t win!
- Shari Criso‘s “Simply Breastfeeding: The Criso Breastfeeding Method” DVD class ($29.99)
- Ellie Adorn gemstone nursing necklace (up to $25)
3. For a breastfeeding/working mom (~ $208)
- Natural Urban Mamas: $25 gift certificate (plus shipping)
- Shari Criso’s “Breastpumps and Briefcases: Breastfeeding for the Working Mom” audio CD program ($19.99)
- Shari Criso’s “Nurturewear” line of loungewear for nursing moms (winter OR summer set $68)
- Writing To Sanity: Usborne books ($25)
- Motherlove: $25 gift certificate
- Wholesale for Moms: Madd by Design pearl-and-shell inlaid bag ($45)
- IGotMomPower: T-shirt and Handi-Stitch Handheld Sewing Machine
4. For parents with babies, toddlers, or older kids (~ $223)
- Mable’s Labels: Colorful Essentials Combo ($48)
- Healthy Child: book, Five Easy Steps DVD, and toddler-size Healthy Child T-shirt ($40)
- Writing To Sanity: Usborne books ($25)
- Tada Youth Theater: 2 adult and 2 child tickets to their spring family musical Odd Day Rain (April 15 through May 22, subject to availability. ($80)
- For Your Bug-A-Boo: $30 certificate
5. For bookworms and/or bloggers (~$119)
- Writing To Sanity: Usborne books ($50)
- Holistic Moms Network: Cookbook: Many Paths, One Journey to Health and Growing Healthy Families Cookbook ($25, including shipping)
- Domestic, But Not Martha: 3 months of advertising on her blog
- Ilie Ruby‘s signed novel The Language of Trees, includes a handmade bookmark ($14.99)
- Allison Maslan‘s book Blast Off! Launch Your Dreams into Reality ($19)
6. Just for fun/kid’s birthday pack (~$205)
- Name Your Tune: party pack of 10 personalized CDs (~$180)
- Earthy Affair eco-friendly invitations: $25 gift certificate
I was wrecking my brain about how to find out the winners. I usually use Random.org to decide my giveaway winners, but I can’t just put 10,600 in there. Let’s say it spits out No. 2,387, how am I going to find that person among my many Twitter followers?
Letting my little son point at six Twitter pictures didn’t seem the right and fair solution either.
What did make sense is to give Twitter followers who want to be entered in this giveaway a chance after they leave a comment on my blog with their Twitter name. Simple.
How to enter: *closed
Congrats to the winners! Becky (Willis), Shari, Kim (James&Jax), Summer, Kelsey V, and Laurie!
- If you follow me on Twitter, you are eligible to enter this giveaway.
- Leave me a comment on this blog post with your Twitter name. I’m not asking you to also enter your e-mail, you might not want the whole world to see it, but make sure you enter the correct e-mail address when you write your comment. That will be the e-mail I’m going to contact if you win.
- If you have a preference, also mention which prize package you would like to win in your comment. I will try my best to accommodate your wish if you win but make no guarantees.
- You can earn one extra entry by subscribing to Dagmar’s momsense updates (under “Welcome”). Leave a separate comment that you subscribed.
A big thank you to all the generous donations by these amazing companies:
Rules: This giveaway will end on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2011, at 10 p.m. I’m going to use Random.org to determine the six winners and notify them via e-mail. I need to hear back from you within three days or I will draw another winner.
You can only enter twice: once per Twitter account and person, plus one more if you subscribe to Dagmar’s momsense. I’m not responsible for incomplete or incorrect entries.
I’m not responsible for the fulfillment of the prizes. All of the prizes have been donated by companies who have contacted me and I have taken every precaution to list all the prizes here correctly, but I make no guarantees. All prize donors will send out the prizes or codes directly to the winners after I provide them with the e-mail or physical addresses of the six winners. You might have to pay for shipping charges for some of the prizes. Open to U.S and Canada residents.