Our Christmas 2010 and the First Snow

by Dagmar Bleasdale on December 27, 2010

Here is a video I shot of Landon belting it out during our Christmas party . . .  I love how he can’t stop himself from swaying, and how proud he is that he knows the “Rudolph” song.

But let’s start from the beginning:

I can’t believe that another Christmas has come and gone. All that anticipation, all the planning…

Like last year, L and I left out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeers. And sure enough, they came and ate them, see?

L was very happy with all the toys and the camera he got from us and Santa. He played with the new Playmobil policeman all morning and then we left for Don’s sister’s house in Chappaqua where we always celebrate Christmas with the whole family.

Last year I took 200 pictures and forgot to get one of us in front of Lisa’s huge Christmas tree. This year I didn’t forget, but Don is too shy to share it, so here is a different picture of it. Lisa always makes a point to decorate her whole house with beautiful holiday decorations.

After a great dinner, we started the Bleasdale Clan Christmas show. Landon sang “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star” with his cousins while strumming on the violin.

One of the skits involved Uncle Steve and his two little boys doing a rendition of Sesame Street’s “I Love Trash” song, which was the highlight of the show. Steve, a music teacher, had made cardboard trash cans and L had to try one out, of course.

We had a wonderful time again this year; it’s always so nice to have everyone together. And Santa was very good to all of us. Don got a 9,000 piece puzzle! Any guess how big a table has to be for a huge puzzle like that, and how long it would take to finish it with a preschooler around?

I caught some kind of stomach bug and felt terrible all day yesterday, so we basically just spend the day in the living room. It was the perfect day for that because a blizzard started and we couldn’t really go anywhere anyway.

We hardly got off the couch all day. I didn’t have much energy for anything, Don watched hours of football, and Landon played with his new toys. I read to L a bit, and then he ventured out to play in the first snow of this winter with Daddy.

Today, we woke up to over a foot of snow. Some of it was much higher because of strong drifting. Landon helped Daddy shovel a lot of it and I went sledding with him.

Too bad that all this snow isn’t sticky; I can’t wait to make the first snowman. Remember the cool snowman kit I had last year?

bubbleboo January 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM

What a lovely post – and thank you for letting your readers link up, too! :) We had really powdery snow this Winter – our snowman had a tendency to collapse a lot!

Glamamom December 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM

The snow looks a lot more fun in the ‘burbs!! Enjoy it.

Thanks for the linky!

Happy New Year!

Yakini December 30, 2010 at 3:13 AM

Oh, I just love the video of Landon singing Rudolph!!! Priceless! LOL!!!! So, so cute!

I also love that there is an annual Bleasdale Christmas show – aren’t family traditions the best!!! :-)

Bummer about that bug – there was one going around at the boys’ day care, but fortunately only one of them caught it, and it’s since passed.

M's Mama December 29, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I am so jealous of all that snow! I miss that about living on the East coast.

Thanks for the linky!

Paula Kiger December 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Looks like a fun Christmas at your house!

alicia December 29, 2010 at 6:43 AM

I think you’ve definitely had more snow than us here. So fun. But I admit. I’m kinda glad we only got what we did. :)

Jenn (GreenDoorGirl) December 29, 2010 at 5:41 AM

What a great Christmas – I love the name in the snow. Thanks for hosting a link party and letting us show off our holidays!

veronica lee December 29, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Beautiful pics! Would love some of that snow!

Happy New Year!

Kate December 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Merry Christmas!

I can’t believe that Christmas 2010 has already come and gone! I love the snow, we rarely have white Christmases except but every two or three years. But it’s always so neat when we do!

I’m stopping by from BlogFrog! Thanks for hosting the blogshare!

Fiona December 28, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Happy Holidays! Looks like a fun time was had by all. What awesome fun the trash cans must have been. We had my baby nephew for a visit and it was so fun to see the kids go all gaga over a baby. Have a happy and safe new year!

Odie Langley December 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM

A really great Christmas post and sure enjoyed watching the video. Landon seemed a little bashful about singing but he was cute. The pictures were great except for not having any with you in them. (sad) I did post my Christmas gathering with my girls and also one showing our biggest snow in many years. I did better this year than I have done in previous years not letting others get me down simply because I thought they were going at the season wrong. I put more emphasis on how Odie felt and plan to keep the spirit moving into 2011 trying to find ways to help those who need help. That is my goal and I plan to make it happen. I hope you Don & Landon have the best 2011 possible.
Odie

Nichole December 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Your family looks so much fun! The snow looks amazing, I’m in San Diego so no snow for us.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud December 28, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Dagmar, the Bleasdale Clan seems like a riot! You all have the most amazing family traditions and celebrations. I’m going to join the Bleasdale family next year. I have no idea how, but I’m going to do it!

Dagmar December 28, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Kristi, I would absolutely love that! :) But before that, will I see you at BlogHer ’11 in San Diego in August? I bought my ticket and I’m going to really try to get there somehow. Hope to find a sponsor.

Anna December 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Hi, Just linked-up for the first time on your site! We had the same problem with the snow not being v. sticky, but still had a great time. Love Landon’s name spelled in the snow, as I’m sure he did :) Great post!

Brenna @ Almost All The Truth December 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Beautiful photos! Send some of that snow our way now. :)