Bake Yummy Bread in Just One Hour!
Oh, yeah, you can make this bread in an hour — promise.
I was given the recipe of all recipes to make super fast, easy bread, and I can’t wait to share it. This bread costs almost nothing, it’s fun to bake, and so much healthier than the store-bought bread spiked with high-fructose syrup.
Forget expensive bread machines: all you need is flour, rapid rise yeast, water, salt, olive oil, and voila — bread!
Landon and I went to a “make minestrone and bread” playdate a couple weeks ago, and Brad taught us how to make this delicious bread.
Here you can see L helping me make it the first time at home.
This is a really fun activity to do with kids, just be prepared for a lot of flour on your floors.
Let your child help, measure, taste, mix, knead and shape the bread. L wanted to shape the dough into these little balls — and why not?
Fast & Easy Bread Ingredients:
- 3 cups flour (you can use whole wheat, but it’s best to only substitute 1 cup with whole wheat)
- 2 tsp Rapid Rise yeast (jar of it in the baking isle)
- 1 tsp salt (fine sea salt is best)
- 1 cup warm water (I used a bit more)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Fast & Easy Bread Directions:
- Combine half of the flour and dry ingredients. Then mix in water and oil
- Mix in remaining flour
- Knead 10-15 minutes (I only did about 5)
- Shape as desired (round or long, 1 or 2 loaf) and let rest while preheating oven to 425 degrees
- Spray with water for crunchy crust and put into oven
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then rest of the time (about 10 min.) at 350
Warning: do not try Nutella on this.
Let me know what you think. Impress the family and bake this for a special occasion!
The bread is pretty dense, but I can’t get over how easy and cheap it is to make your own bread. I can’t wait to mess with the recipe a bit and add walnuts and raisins next.
I also got Brad’s Easy Bread recipe (involves 4 hours of resting time) and will try that out and report back.