Want to win a cool YBIKE balance bike for your child or grandchild this holiday season? Here is your chance!
I have wanted a balance bike, a toddler-size bicycle without pedals, for Landon for a while because these bikes help children develop their balance and coordination skills. I’m familiar with them because every child in Germany rides these — training wheels are a thing of the past there — and he is just at that age where he can transition from his tricycle to a bicycle.
My girlfriend Karen showed L how to ride a balance bike this summer on her farm in Germany, remember? Her boys could ride regular bikes at age 3 thanks to having balance bikes.
So I jumped on the chance to review a YBIKE. YBIKE is a balance bike but it is more stable, can stand independently, and can be used indoors or outdoors. Its bold look sets it apart as well. The body is available in four vibrant colors — blue, green, pink and orange.
When the box arrived in the mail, I couldn’t wait to show Landon the YBIKE. He helped me put it together in minutes, and off he went for a spin. He had so much fun!
The YBIKE makes a great BIG gift for toddlers this holiday season!
Do you want to wow your child or grandchild with an impressive, big box and his or her first bike? Then the YBIKE is THE gift to get. It’s one of the less expensive balance bikes, plus its gender-neutral colors guarantee that it can be easily handed down to younger siblings or cousins.
More details about YBIKE:
- An extended front fork angle to allow safe turning
- High ground clearance to ensure safety regardless of terrain
- Large wheels for safe riding on uneven surface
- Two closely aligned rear wheels help with balance but still allows a child to lean from side to side while turning
- Durable materials: YBIKE is made of high quality, lightweight, smooth, durable injection molded plastic
- Easy assembly (5 minutes) and easy transport (lightweight)
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $79.99 – available online at: Amazon, Toys R Us, Target and CSN Stores
- Recommended ages 2 – 4
- Award winning: Platinum Seal 2010 Award from Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Creative Child Magazine Top Toy of the Year Award and the 2010 Parents Choice Award
- YBIKE has been featured on NBC’s Today Show, in The Wall Street Journal, Parenting magazine, and Working Mother magazine
My thought: I wish I would have had the YBIKE a year ago for Landon. He is a very tall 4-year-old and almost too tall for the YBIKE. I love the design, that it is lightweight, and how sturdy it is — I took it for a spin around the house and it could easily handle my weight.
Win a YBIKE!
*closed. Random.org choose No. 47, congrats Sherrie Cruson!
Simply subscribe to Dagmar’s momsense updates (under “Welcome!”) and leave me a comment that you did. (I will never share my readers’ address).
You are already subscribing? Great — then you can add yourself to my Google Friend Connect widget.
How to earn extra entries:
(Please note: they only count if you subscribe or become my Google Friend. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry.)
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post
- Subscribe to my RSS feed
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this: win a YBIKE balance bike ($79) on @DagmarBleasdale’s blog! http://bit.ly/gZoWxL #giveaway #YBIKE
- Friend me on my Facebook page or write about the giveaway on your FB page (please leave the URL of the entry)
- Become my Google Friend on my Google Friend Connect widget (left sidebar)
I received a YBIKE for this review but no other compensation. This is my honest opinion. This giveaway ends December 10, 2010 at 10:00 pm. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and has 48 hours to respond to my email. Open to U.S. residents only, sorry.