Do you get criticized for breastfeeding in public?
I came across a funny bumper sticker about breastfeeding the other day:
If my breastfeeding offends you, feel free to put a blanket over YOUR head!
Two moms I follow on Twitter mentioned they respond like this to criticism about breastfeeding in public:
“How much longer are you going to breastfeed?” “Ask him!”
“Probably another 5 minutes until she’s done.”
Ha! Love it.
Now the hunt was on, I wanted to find more slogans. I found PLENTY of funny and thought-provoking and in-your-face breastfeeding slogans on products like stickers, magnets, T-Shirts, and license plate covers.
Here are my favorites:
- I make milk. What is your superpower?
- It’s not about my right to breastfeed, it’s about my child’s right to eat.
- Breastfeeding is not a choice, it’s a responsibility.
- Offended by breastfeeding? Don’t look!
- Normalize breastfeeding. Nurse in public.
- I see mommy’s boobies more in a day than daddy does in a year.
- My milkshakes feed all the kids in the yard.
- Yes. I am STILL breastfeeding. Get over it.
- Hot mamas breastfeed.
- As soon as you are ready to eat your lunch in the bathroom, I’ll breastfeed there.
- That’s my baby’s lunch you are starring at…
- My baby is breastfeed because I couldn’t produce enough formula.
- Breastfed baby – stick around for the show.
- Nursing – Natures own breast enhancement. (So true!)
- Breast milk…never been recalled.
- I’ll wean when I’m ready!
- I make the milk in this family.
- Baby on Boob!
I couldn’t resist, I ordered a “Yes. I’m STILL Breastfeeding!” T-shirt, a “I make milk. What’s your superpower?” T-shirt and bumper sticker, and an “Ask me about breastfeeding” sticker. I love wearing the T-shirts :)
Do you have humorous responses to people who look at you when you are breastfeeding or ask you about weaning?
How do you like the one I came up with today:
I didn’t produce enough formula, that’s why I’m breastfeeding.
My car with my “I make milk. What’s your superpower” bumper sticker: